Homemade Droid Lego Dock... (PICS - 400K)

cb2000a

Reaction score
yah, im a 38 yr old kid :) I LOVE legos.. at least it never fails to run out of one piece or color of something that you need though :D hehe :)

When you lose that "kid" in you that is a sad day indeed. We should all remember how to play... :biggrin:

EmPuLSe

Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread, but I just finished my monstrosity! Figured I'd share =)

Dock1.jpg

Dock3.jpg

Docked1.jpg

Docked2.jpg

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I like the OPs dock. I like how the little cable looking things kind of remind me of when Robocop was in his programming chair.

naman919

Reaction score
teaser

Here's a picture of the top of the one i built about a month ago.

Forgot to take pictures, but took this one with the Droid camera.

I'll post more when i get home tonight. :icon_ nana:

EDIT: WHOOPS! Forgot to take pics. making a calendar note now for tonight!

biggame

Reaction score
I put this together on a Saturday afternoon. I had some aluminum strips and a black plastic box for the base. A few quick cuts with a miter saw to give me the correct angles and bam, a custom dock with some personality. I also added some weight on the underside and four rubber feet to keep it stable and solid.

Attachments

• CIMG2995.JPG
    CIMG2995.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 662
  • CIMG2996.JPG
    CIMG2996.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 354
  • CIMG2999.JPG
    CIMG2999.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • CIMG3000.JPG
    CIMG3000.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 331

patriot839

Reaction score
Sweet builds guys all of them are sweet but just incase you didn't know there is a free APP in the mrkt called DOCKRUNNER no need for dock or magnets but for real nice job

cuskit

Reaction score
Sweet builds guys all of them are sweet but just incase you didn't know there is a free APP in the mrkt called DOCKRUNNER no need for dock or magnets but for real nice job
Dockrunner has been discussed at length on these forums many a time. The lego docks are more about a stand for the Droid than so much for Multimedia Mode, which is all that Dockrunner can do. Software alone does not provide for a comfortable charging or upright resting position. Which is what all of these guys, myself included, have been attempting to do with our ingenuity and exploratory propensity. But thanks for the compliment! cuskit