Homemade Droid MM Dock from Legos

DrDroid

Reaction score
I use the DockRunner app to put my phone in multimedia mode and built a stand from Legos. The only glitch is that my kids tend to take it apart every morning! :) It isn't stylish, but will get me by until there are more choices available. I haven't had any problems with the DockRunner app.

After I built it, I discovered this wasn't as original a thought as I first believed (no great surprise!). There are a few people who have built Lego docks for their iPhones. The best one I've seen so far is here:
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP): LEGO iPhone/iPod Touch Rotating Dock

Maybe I'll have to look into getting more Legos for...um, my kids - yeah, the Legos are for them, Honey! ;)

Picture attached. My Droid isn't in it because I used it to take the picture, but it isn't rocket science to figure out how it works. I left a tunnel to feed in the charger cord.

OP
D

DrDroid

Reaction score
Yes, you're right - Duplos made by Lego. My kids are young, so it is the only size we have right now. I'm sure there are many configurations that would work with Legos, Duplos, knock-offs, etc.. This was just what first came to mind with what I had on hand and it is functional enough for now. But my kids really do take it apart most every morning! :)

Edit: Someone asked, but the post disappeared while I composed an answer!

Last edited:

sir

Reaction score
just got my dock in the mail yesterday. used it last night. works perfectly.

maybe i'll buy two more and have one at work, and keep one in my backpack for when i travel =p

pope66682

Reaction score
just got my dock in the mail yesterday. used it last night. works perfectly.

maybe i'll buy two more and have one at work, and keep one in my backpack for when i travel =p
Good Idea. LOL :biggrin:

zack27

Reaction score
I was looking for a dock that would work with a case could not find one. see everyone making their own so started making one this what i made.