Homemade Droid Lego Dock... (PICS - 400K)

talondesigns

Reaction score
instructions for this will be available soon :)

the little knob on the side switches the dock from car dock (not useful in the house) to multimedia dock... (a magnet is on either side of the checkered flag piece - both hold each other on, while the negative polarity & position of one activate the car dock mode, and the reverse of it, activate the multimedia dock mode)

ive done a few "upgrades" to it to make it more reliable since the photos, but still have not harmed (modified) any legos in the making. Aside from taking a hand from a minifig for a "min/max" thingy.

let me know what you think :) (and if you think its worth my time to put instructions together)

assembled versions...

assembled_1.jpg

assembled_2.jpg

car dock mode...

car_dock.jpg

multimedia dock mode....

media_dock.jpg

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just moved a few months ago to hawaii and had to leave a lot of stuff behind, including all my legos.

sweet dock, i ****ing love legos!

OP
T

talondesigns

Reaction score
yah, im a 38 yr old kid :) I LOVE legos.. at least it never fails to run out of one piece or color of something that you need though :D hehe :)

liquidzoo

Reaction score
That is awesome! I would love to get instructions for something like that!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
That makes me miss my legos!!! I heven't played with legos in about 20 years.:mad: Nice work!

I know what I'm asking for next Christmas.:icon_ banana:

Where exactly are the sweet spots?

"Sweet spots" are located in the rear of the phone about where the "fingernail divet" (don't know what else to call it) is in your battery door. It's pretty flexible though...especially if you have a good magnet.

andysly5

Reaction score
I'd love to see the instructions for this. Would be useful on my desk at work.

mbeatle

Reaction score
I don't see the charging cable attached - is there a hole for a micro usb cable in there? I don't think Lego made USB passthroughs. :)

NickWgnr

Reaction score
You sir have way too much time on your hand! However I like it, haha. You won't see me rocking one but it is pretty freakin awesome. Props to you

Wagner :motdroidvert:

omnibus

Reaction score
Here are some instructions on how to take a photo without the flash bouncing back into the camera lens. STAND AT A SLIGHT ANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, UP OR DOWN.