Ad Hoc Multimedia Dock

evetro76

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good multimedia dock that will activate the dock mode, charge the DX yet fit snuggly? I was a huge fan of the Siedio home and car dock with my D1. But there seems nothing close yet with the DX.

For those of you interested in a ad-hoc solution however I purchased the Thought Out PED3-U Universal Steel Stand for iPhone 4, iPod, Any Smartphone or Device from Amazon ($23). I initially downlaoded a Dock simulator (OK), but another method that I discovered that works great is to take a normal craft magnet and glue it to the center of the dock and it will activate the dock mode (even through a case). Just make sure you put the proper side facing out as one polarity will activate the car dock mode and the other the multimedia dock mode.

Is it as convinient as a cradle... no (no since it is not a custom fit, and I must always remember to plug it in as opposed to just setting it in the cradle). But it is inexpensive and works just fine. One minor note for the DX only is due to were the micro USB charger location. Your phone will be off centered to the left on the cradle. No big deal for me, but if you have OCD and need everything to be centered then this won't be for you.

If anyone finds another cradle that can work with a case and activates the multimedia dock. Please let me know.

Power

Reaction score
I have the stock Motorolla car mount from Verizon and I like it just fine. Wish it had a bluetooth option but for the price it works as intended. I have no complaints about it other than it doesn't appear to lock to the articulating arm as solidly as I'd like but I've had no problems with it yet.

cuskit

Reaction score
MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X DOCK - for the Droid X

See the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mikradle/79994-photos-mikradle-evolution-x-motorola-droid-x.html

This cradle allows for MicroUSB charging and sync'ing, HDMI connection and includes a magnet for the multimedia mode. And BEST of all - it works without having to remove your cover! Works with virtually every cover currently available!

CherryLeftSide.jpg
FullLineup.jpg
DSCN6631.jpg
DSCN6647.jpg
DSCN6636.jpg

Last edited: