Home screen takes minute or longer to redraw, getting slower!

SigSoldat

Reaction score
I turn on my phone and make a phone call. When I hang up and go to the home screen, it's blank. It sometimes takes a minute or longer to get my icons back or be able to make another call. It happens no matter what program I open and close and it happens about 90% of the time. I often have to lock / unlock the phone to force it to redraw. It also has other hiccups like when I tap on a number from the call log and it dials someone else instead. I'm a property manager and am on the phone a lot, so this is a constant interruption to my ability to get work done.

I have 90.38MB of internal phone storage. Every application I install, I move to the SD card and the SD card still has 6.62GB free.

I've gone through my 10 largest apps and cleared the cache. I've deleted my call history. I've verified everything is moved to the SD card. I don't use a task killer. My phone is not rooted. I have three widgets (weather, calendar, task list).

One month ago, I did a factory reset and installed everything again. That improved things for one day and then I was right back to where I started. I've tried uninstalling all my programs and adding them one at a time, but can't find what's causing the problem. Things are great for a few days and then it starts acting up again.

If anyone has any more suggestions, I would appreciate them. I'm eligible for an upgrade but want to hold on to it a little longer to see what the Bionic or other LTE phones bring to the mix. Thanks in advance!

Nathan

OP
SigSoldat

SigSoldat

Reaction score
Wow, this is the third time I've posted on this forum in as many months and not a single response. Is nobody else having issues?

I installed Go Launcher desktop replacement and my phone immediately sped up. It lasted about a week, but not it's slowing down and having the same problems. Every couple of weeks, my phone starts making crackling noises whenever a sound should play. The last couple days I noticed that my video recorder (when I can get it to load) is recording in a VERY low quality (appears to be 320 x 240).

Waiting for the Bionic...

OP
SigSoldat

SigSoldat

Reaction score
Update: now my video camera has gone funky. It used to record in HD (very clear) and it would record with no limit. Now it records in VERY low quality (probably 320x240 or less) and a count-down timer pops up showing I can only record one minute of video. Strange.

Reaction score
Not sure about the redraw as mine does the same thing every now and then when my battery is low, but as far as your recording goes it sounds like you may have changed the setting on accident to record for mms. Should be in the settings when your video recorder is on

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums