Droid Slow to Go to Home and Open App Drawer; Apps on SD Card - NEED HELP

emekaster

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently rooted my Motorola Droid and installed a new Android 2.2 ROM from Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about the Motorola Droid, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos for the first time. I'm still pretty new to all of this stuff so I need some help.

When I first installed the new ROM everything was working well. But when I tried to put my apps on my SD card, which is supposed to be one of the features of froyo, most of my apps wouldn't allow me to do so. So I did some research and found an app called Mod Install Location on the Android Market. I downloaded this app and started to transfer all of my apps to my SD card through Settings/Manage Applications. I chose not to move any of the apps that I used for widgets, though, because whenever I would do that the widget wouldn't be available anymore. And I also left Launcher and Home Launcher Pro on my phone's internal memory. But other than that it moved all of my apps to my SD card fine, but since I've done this my phone is extremely slow to go to home and even slower to open up the app drawer. Everything else works fine. Once I open an app and start using it, the phone is working quickly again. It's just whenever I press the home button and try to go to the app drawer. The phone takes about a minute to open up the app drawer, which is far too long for something that's supposed to happen instantly.

Should I just put all of my apps back onto my phone's internal memory? Will that fix it? Or maybe I should put the launcher/launcher pro onto my SD card as well?

Please help I'm still a rookie with this hacking/rooting stuff and this is irritating me lol

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can try experimenting, moving LauncherPro back on internal would be agood idea.