Apps from SD card not loading to replacement droid

Kirrak

Reaction score
Can someone please help me out? I had apps saved to my sd card and I just got my replacement droid in the mail. When I put my sd card in the replacement droid, my apps don't ever show up. But when i take my sd card out and put it back into my old droid, my apps from the card show up within a minute or two. Is there something I'm missing? How do I get the apps from my sd card to load on the replacement phone?! Its driving me crazy! TIA!

Btw, all of my pictures/videos, contacts, music, etc, loaded from my sd card onto my replacement droid with no problem.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the replacement is not recognizing the apps on the SD card because the OS is not directing it to look on the card. Since your apps are associated with your Google account use the replacement and the new SD card and reinstall all of your apps. Open the market app tap menu, tap downloads. All of you apps will be there.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
K

Kirrak

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick responses. I suppose i will just reinstall the apps. I just don't get what the point is in saving apps to my sd card then...just saving space on the phone i guess. Bummer. :(