Droid not recognizing apps stored on SD card

SEJ

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid 1, running Sapphire 0.8.4 with LauncherPro 0.7.8.1. I've having an issue with apps stored on the SD card (stock 16GB card that came with the phone), hopefully someone can help me out.

Last night, my Droid stopped recognizing apps stored on my SD card. The apps stored on my SD card that are on my home screen just show up with the generic green android on a white background and I get a "can't launch selected activity" error message when I try to open the app. And they show up in my Downloads list in the market, but they don't show as installed.

The SD card works otherwise. I can access music and photos stored on the card. I tried pulling and re-inserting the battery and SD card, and it was working temporarily this morning but I turned my phone off when I got to work and when I turned it back on during my lunch hour, the apps were gone again. And I can see all the files, including the apps, when I put the card in my laptop. I've only used about 3GB on the card so it's not an issue of the card being full.

I assume I just need to get another SD card but does anyone know what would cause the issue, and is there some way to correct it without having to replace the card?

Thanks.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My first thought is your SD card has issues. You may be able to mount your phone and delete the apps on the card and reinstall.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
have you tried restarting launcherpro? from the preferences menu

OP
SEJ

SEJ

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried restarting LauncherPro a few times, thinking that might be it, but that didn't help.

I'll probably try playing around with the card on the computer tonight. I wasn't home to do it last night.

OP
SEJ

SEJ

Reaction score
I threw the SD card in my laptop last night, removed the apps and formatted it. And the apps I have re-installed on the card have been working since then. So it seems to be OK now.