App Icons Disappear After Moving to SD Card

Mmracing

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but I can't find anything that helps.

I'm running a Moto Droid with 2.2 using GED. The problem I'm having is when I move programs to the SD card (using settings - general phone settings - applications - manage applications) and reboot the droid the application icon for the ones I moved to the SD car are gone. The only thing I see is the name of the application. When I move the applications back to the phone and reboot the icons show like they should.

I did read where it takes a few minutes for the icons to load from the SD card and I have waited 10 plus minutes without it helping. I also saw where people would reboot their home program but I can't figure out how to do that with GDE.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OP
Mmracing

Mmracing

Reaction score
Nobody else is having this problem? I guess I must be doing something wrong to cause it.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know how GDE works as a home replacement but can you restart just GDE?

If you can restart just the launcher they will all return.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just restart the launcher, it is a known issue with replacements and apps on the SD.

OP
Mmracing

Mmracing

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't know how to restart GDE. Anyone know?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
If not in its own menu settings, go to menu, settings, applications, manage applications, then your app, hit force stop. Then your home key.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If not in its own menu settings, go to menu, settings, applications, manage applications, then your app, hit force stop. Then your home key.

This will work if there is no restart option.

OP
Mmracing

Mmracing

Reaction score
The restarting of GDE worked. I did notice that every time you restart the Droid you have to restart GDE to get the icons back. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

I appreciate the help.