Home Replacement Apps: ADW Launcher

Jeepzilla2003

Reaction score
At the risk of being extremely redundant....TY for the great instructions and screenshots!!! This has really helped me with my ADW settings already - great job!!! And hopefully no more dirty looks (LOL) from the GF after you posted the shot with your pic :p

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
i have two screens, one has 8x5 apps and one has just a calendar taking up almost the whole screen.
everytime i press the home button, it's sorta slow to load. i can understand because of the massive number of icons, is there any way to make it faster?
Yes. Are you rooted?

Jonpwn

Reaction score
the terminal emulator fix works great! thank you so much!

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
oK! Back from underway, had a weird incident I probably can't really talk about.

Just wanted to say I'm now available for q's again.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Updated OP to completely finish the write-up on ADW Settings.
Adding a small sub-section under UI Settings with a bit of a Dockbar FAQ, with screenshots.

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Thanks for adding more FAQs about the dock bar ... have four custom icons down there down there now, something I really wanted :)

The Dev has just now added the option to change the icon for the app tray ... still working on figuring that out ....

Liking ADW more and more over LPro (which I'm also playing with - ) ADW lets you change more of your own stuff (I'm not using themes,) while LP lets you change a lot more stuff, it seems to limit you to using stuff that been developed for it only ... or something like that ... :tongue:

The only trouble I'm having is the thing that I can't change the phone dialer icon no matter what I try and do ... but that seems to be a Froyo thing (?) and not a ADW thing, as it won't change in LP or the stock launcher either ... .

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Howdy, when you change themes the phone icon should change, or you can use custom shortcuts with icon packs you download.

Glad you've been playing more with adw and figuring stuff out :)

Droidforums.net appified!

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Just to let people know, I have just installed the ADW.Launcher update to 1.3.0.

I will change my post to help people with the newest version.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Ok after some issues with 1.3.0, I just updated again to 1.3.1

I will play around with it and update the op eventually.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
for some reason 1.3+ has crazy redraws (where 1.2 didn't as much). Just used the terminal fix and it worked just fine so far.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for some reason 1.3+ has crazy redraws (where 1.2 didn't as much). Just used the terminal fix and it worked just fine so far.

Hadn't dropped in this thread in a while, and noticed the post about the redraws, I had them too... so when I saw the fix I opened my trusty terminal emulator and it works like a charm. Hot damn I love this forum.

Still loving ADW as well, one of my favs. dancedroid

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Yeesh 1.3 mustve been a doozy, as he's updated to 1.3.2 now. I think ill wait for this version to stable out before I update the OP now lol.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeesh 1.3 mustve been a doozy, as he's updated to 1.3.2 now. I think ill wait for this version to stable out before I update the OP now lol.

Yeah, I'm on V 1.3.1 still... haven't gotten a notice for an upgrade for it yet. Should I wait? Not that I've had any problems other than the lag which I just fixed LOL