Hi NEW

tricfit

Reaction score
Hi all assistance welcomed.

To start what is roooting? I read some of the forum topics with still no clue.
why would it be needed and such?

How can I ensure total privacy when browsing and using phone ie, no listening in, and the web sites I visit not traceable to me, lol as if I were going to do something naughty, but I'm not. On a next to$ 0 budget.

Are all the apps in the market legal to use?
I am trusting that Droid Market would not put an app on otherwise.

What else????

Thanks

Where will I find/receive the answers back?:greendroid:

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Hi all assistance welcomed.

To start what is roooting? I read some of the forum topics with still no clue.
why would it be needed and such?

How can I ensure total privacy when browsing and using phone ie, no listening in, and the web sites I visit not traceable to me, lol as if I were going to do something naughty, but I'm not. On a next to$ 0 budget.

Are all the apps in the market legal to use?
I am trusting that Droid Market would not put an app on otherwise.

What else????

Thanks

Where will I find/receive the answers back?:greendroid:

Well first off rooting is basically jailbreaking the phone. letting you customize and load custom ROMs. A lot of people do it because they want to customize their phone to their liking and sometimes it can improve battery life.
as for having more privacy not to sure besides not talking loud enough for people to hear. There are alot of browser apps you could use for the internet I've personally been using Dolphin Hd ever since I got my X so basically a year ha.
Just browse around I'm sure you'll find answers you just have to look hard enough

Sent From A Modded X

OP
T

tricfit

Reaction score
thanks

Thank you A Modded X. These are great! It is nice to have someone who knows about these things, even if read. I like that you know your stuff, want to share more?

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Well for starters what phone do you have obviously I have a Droid X. But ya it all starts with what phone you have because other people are probably alot more knowledgeable about your phone then me.

Sent From A Modded X

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
OP
T

tricfit

Reaction score
Thanks. Hawawiian Princess,

I agree Droid Market would not let any wrong apps in the market.

jmichaelm

Reaction score
There's no such thing as being untracable when you access the internet. However standard browser encryption works from phone browsers the same as from any PC to ensure you have priivate communications.

Rooting your phone is acquiring root or priviliged access to the OS, which I'm told is different from jailbreaking a iOS phone. If you want to understand root access you can read about Linux. Or better if you have an old slow PC you can install Linux.

Last edited:
OP
T

tricfit

Reaction score
Jmichaclm,
I can not find the original post?

Brownsigma

Reaction score
Hi,all! I'm an English language and literature student. I find this a very good place to learn new things. Hope we can learn and grow together.