Another New Guy Here So Hi All....

wmwotawa

Reaction score
This is not my first smart phone. I had a MotoQ then a Q9c and loved the way it worked and linked to outlook contacts and Calender to keep my life in order... lol. Loved the texting and never did get hooked up with all the email stuff or web browsing. I get enough of that at work. Loved the VZnavagator and think it is excellent but not the cost. It worked great on a trip to NC to visit my son and his wife and grand daughter at Fort Bragg. Love the fact that you can set things up on line before the trip.

Well it is time to come over to the Dark Side and get the total experience so I just purchased the Droid X and think it is the greatest. My wife purchased the Droid Incredible 2 and is looking to switch to the Droid X. She likes the bigger screen, the voice commands work so much better on mine, like voice to text and email. We have not tried the voice searches yet but the overall recognition seems better on the Droid X. dancedroid

I am here looking for a good app that allows text to speech recognition. I know that Motorola has it's MotoSpeak but I would like something to work without a dedicated Bluetooth and even work through the ear piece and speaker on the phone.

Also this is the first forum i have ever signed up for... well not true I am in the SolidWorks Forum.... :icon_eek:

nbbforrest

Reaction score
new user as well

This is my first smart phone and it does take some getting used to. It has been a challenge. If you have learned of some great tips, etc. please share them. Here is one app i like. It is called "easyreminder". You can designate sounds to text messages, missed calls, etc. It will even pop up on your screen and will alert you as long as you want it to. Works real good when I am the yard man at home and the wife calls. at least I know I missed the call now. hope this helps. see ya.

debrad0307

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone and it does take some getting used to. It has been a challenge. If you have learned of some great tips, etc. please share them. Here is one app i like. It is called "easyreminder". You can designate sounds to text messages, missed calls, etc. It will even pop up on your screen and will alert you as long as you want it to. Works real good when I am the yard man at home and the wife calls. at least I know I missed the call now. hope this helps. see ya.

Nbbforrest: I've seen you reply ir post threads about this easyreminder, if people want it they will download it. Stop pushing it so much. Anywho he asked for a text to speech app. Since I don't use that feature you may want to search the market and read the reviews to see which one may work best for you. As always, welcome to the forum and enjoy your DROIDX.

Tappin' away on my DROIDX