10 Popular Droid Apps For Phone

M

Mattjames

Although the application market of Android phones are not as big as iPhone apps store, however there are sufficient to be overloaded, and it is also rising at a rapid speed. In order to assist you arrange through all of them, here is my suggested most efficient applications I have encountered on Android. Then again, keep in mind that it is a picture of current situation. The Android system is growing so fast at the moment that I ensure my home screen appear totally different after couple of months.

I would like to share popular apps based on reviews and rating on Android Apps:

:greendroid: 10 Popular Droid Apps For Phone :greendroid:

yamaredman

Reaction score
I'll never understand task killers.

I spent money on a "fancy" smart phone because I like the features it offers. Killing tasks is taking away from the convenience I paid for.

Milton515

Reaction score

I spent money on a "fancy" smart phone because I like the features it offers. Killing tasks is taking away from the convenience I paid for.

Your right, but I have noticed that task killer comes in handy when my phone is low on battery and I kill some apps to give my phone just a little more life and its is actually effective

Sent from D1 running metiCkMod v2.2 Complete Galaxy S Theme

OP
C

cdexsw

Astro, Google Voice, Places Directory, Kindle and Drop Box are great apps and no surprise to see them in the list.....however, Task-Killers? :icon_ nono2:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would replace the task killer with angry birds

wified from a monolith using a slider

OP
C

cdexsw

Originally Posted by Milton515: Your right, but I have noticed that task killer comes in handy when my phone is low on battery and I kill some apps to give my phone just a little more life and its is actually effective
you will never convince me of this. never, ever, ever or ever. did i mention never? or ever?

the fact that you can see an application’s process “running” does not mean the application is running or doing anything. It may simply be there because Android needed it at some point, and has decided that it would be best to keep it around in case it needs it again. Likewise, you may leave an application for a little bit and return to it from where you left off, and during that time Android may have needed to get rid of the process for other things. it will take more battery power to start an app that you closed earlier verses letting the OS/application manager handle the processes and kill it, remember just because its there does not mean it actually running or doing a damn thing.

"Android Is Not Windows" you do not need to kill everything to free up space and save power. its an illusion and a myth with android.

just my .002

droidman101

Reaction score
heh, i use taskillers only to kill errant apps that wont forceclose, and even then its autokiller so it totally wipes it off the face of the earth and then autokiller kills itself :)
anyways, for more battery i sometimes just put it in airplane mode, way more battery, and its faster at charging

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I figure it's popular because it has the word "killer" in the name. If it had the word "placebo" instead it wouldn't be as popular.

To me, a task killer is like a weed wacker. Sure, the weeds are down, but they aren't gone. they'll come back, just like an app the OS believes it's necessary to have.

To be fair to the OP, the key word was popular apps, not necessary. For example, I don't travel so why would I need Tripit? Others might, but not me.

Milton515

Reaction score
heh, i use taskillers only to kill errant apps that wont forceclose, and even then its autokiller so it totally wipes it off the face of the earth and then autokiller kills itself :)
anyways, for more battery i sometimes just put it in airplane mode, way more battery, and its faster at charging

I never thought about that..... But my top 10 apps are Astro File Manager, Rom Manager, Beautiful Widget, Pandora, Messaging Widget, Ebuddy, DroidForums.net App, Lookout, Wave Secure, and Chompsms

OP
O

ollymil

Nice list but I want to suggest to add Advanced Task Manager as it's best Task Killer for me and best feature is Auto kill apps after screen off

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint