Hi New Droid user ???'s

LilNeeno

Reaction score
Hi to all. i am interested in getting the droid 2 global mainly because i am studying automotive mechanics. i plan on opening my own buisness after i finish my studies and i had some questions to ask b4 i get the phone on wed.
1. average does the battery last longer than a few hours
(i have seen other posts taht have diffrent answers but user experiance from a friend it lasted 4 hrs total)
2. how durable is the screen/ is it neccesary to buy a screen protector
(since i plan on working on cars i think a case would be better if the screen is pretty durable)
3. should i get a case and screen protector or/ a case or screen protector and multimedia dock
(i might get a car charger if verizon drops the price in store to 15$ from 40$)

Thx for help and srry for the nooby long questions

r314bd

Reaction score
(i have seen other posts taht have diffrent answers but user experiance from a friend it lasted 4 hrs total)
In general, no. I rarely get more than 4-6 hours on a full charge with just modest use.
The screen is extremely durable. You don't need a screen protector IMHO.
3. should i get a case and screen protector or/ a case or screen protector and multimedia dock
Get a case at the very least (I recommend the Seidio Innocase Surface.) I'd also recommend a car dock, rather than a multimedia dock, but again that is personal preference.
FWIW, the OEM Motorola MicroUSB Car Charger is only $10 shipped from the big online retailers.

OP
L

LilNeeno

Reaction score
okay so the only things that are needed are a car dock for the battery life and a case. and i dont really order online just because i am kinda iffy about return policies.
Thanks for the quick reply!!

DROOIID

Reaction score
Give online a shot. I have had no problems and I buy all of my chargers and cases on there.... just a thought.

Sent using Droid Forum app.

OP
L

LilNeeno

Reaction score
alright im just going to have to wait a couple of months becuase im moving to diffrent appartments for school right now

speltrong

Reaction score

Battery depends on two things: 1. Your usage pattern (what you do with the phone) and 2. How much you're willing to tinker with it. I have the Droid 2 Global, and I'm a light user and a heavy tinkerer. My last battery cycle (on the stock battery) went ~38 hours from unplugging it at 100% to plugging it in again when it hit 15%.

(since i plan on working on cars i think a case would be better if the screen is pretty durable)

All Droids use Gorilla Glass which make the screens very durable. Unless you're planning on spilling stuff on it (in which case I'd see if they make an Otterbox for it), I probably wouldn't bother with a screen protector.

Car charger is a good thing to have. Multimedia dock would probably be useful if you want to use it as a music player. Unless you plan on taking the phone out of the country, you may also want to consider a Droid X. Bigger screen, lighter and thinner than the Droid 2 Global (D2G). Also shoots 720p video, which the D2G doesn't. You'd lose the physical keyboard and a better (in my opinion) still camera - just putting it out there.

OP
L

LilNeeno

Reaction score
alright thx! im going to see if i can find an otter box for it because ive had a few phones fall into an oil pan at the shop, just because its more convenient to have the phone in my shirt pocket because the vibration and i cnt hear the ringtone with the noise