Droid X Screen Protector VS Gorilla Glass?

LiK

Reaction score
Wow, didn't know Gorilla Glass was used for the Droid and the Droid X. I've heard amazing stories about it. From what I read, they plan on using this glass on future HDTVs. Tech sites say their glass is incredibly durable. Maybe I don't need a screen protector for my Droid X after all. I haven't found any great reviews for X screen protectors anyway.

Cornholeo

Reaction score
I used InvisiShield when I had a Backflip. It did what it was supposed to do, protect the screen. I was not not that concerned with clarity as much and really did not think much about sensitivity.
Before I recieved my DroidX I poured through the forums as I wanted to keep that incredible screen true. I decided on the Steinheil Ulta Crystal and was blown away at the difference! I have shown off my new toy and most people do not realize there is a protector until I show them.

dmp135

Reaction score
I use Steinheil Ultra Crystal as well and am quite pleased with the clarity and the sensitivity. Most of all it makes me happy to know that the small scratch that showed me that the gorilla glass might be tough on pressure/impact but was indeed easily scratched, will be my last.

edit...I decided on the Steinheil Ulta Crystal and was blown away at the difference! I have shown off my new toy and most people do not realize there is a protector until I show them.

Dxun

Reaction score
Just go to Best Buy and get the Ghost Armor installed for 25 bux. It is guaranteed for life. Costs only 5 bux to have it replaced if it gets scratched. Doesn't hurt to have extra protection for expensive devices like these.

poppafrito

Reaction score
I take the better safe than sorry approach. First thing I got was the screen protector from verizon. I dont care what the screen is made of.

idpay2cthat

Reaction score
I'm now using a Droid X, but had a Droid 1 before this. I purchased a 3 pack of screen protectors from s "Verizon Store" (authorized Verizon Dealer). I'm a phone cover freak. I still have the plastic on the battery cover on my Droid 1 (my wife has it now) and my Droid X so... The 3 pack I got ($10) was made for the Droid 1 by XENTRIS. Gosh darnit... I've only used one of the protectors and it's on it's SECOND Droid 1! I'm really trying to find this brand cover for the X but I'm not having much luck. I have the Invisible Shield on it now, and I'm very disappointed. It has light scratches on it after a month. It feels rubbery/tacky.

So there... My $.02

droidkm

Reaction score
i have a droid 1, never used a screen protector, i have a maybe 3/4 cm scratch on the screen. it's really light and unnoticeable but it's there, i assume it happened in my pocket sometime. if i could redo it, i still wouldn't get a screen protector.

Daballer155

Reaction score
I have use ZAGG screen protectors on both my iphone (2 years now an barely shows any use) and droid x (3 months strong!)...there isn't a better product out there..these protectors are tough son's of bit©hes, highly recommended and decently cheap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DroidXhopeful

Reaction score
Stealthguards has and still is giving away free full body sets. Got mine in the mail today. They came in a regular envelope no instructions just a shipping manifest and the protector. The cuts for the Droid X while correct in dimension do not go all the way through, this forces you to tear them and or cut them to place it on the device. Than on top of this the sticky residue is extremely suspicious I do not trust that it wouldn't permanently damage your phone. Lastly the clarity sucks within minutes of applying I removed it, it makes photos horridly out of focus and just ruins the the giant beautiful screen on the Droid X. Giant waste of $3. The Otterbox Commuter can't come out soon enough.

DroidXhopeful

Reaction score
After having my Droid X and using it for 1 week I have started to notice tiny smaller than hair scratches on the front screen and one on the camera glass. I have not been to the beach or exposed my phone to sand. While the scratches are invisible with the screen on and only slightly visible with it off and even than only at certain angles, I am disappointed. My iPod touch survived 11 months in the same exact pocket without any screen protection and no scratches. Just ordered a Zagg full body invisible-shield. Was hoping to wait for the Otterbox Commuter to come out but if in 1 week I get tiny scratches I dread what will happen in 3 weeks that I wait for the otterbox to come out.

kendubya

Reaction score
I ordered the verizon anti glare screen protector when I ordered my x. The first thing I did after opening the box, even before installing the battery was put the protector on. Aside from getting all finger printy, it works just fine.

Still waiting for the otterbox defender, tap, tap, tap...

mrbiggiemac

Reaction score
must have accessories for the motorola droid x

1 screen shield--sgp anti finger print shields 11.00 you get two shields and your covered for a year they are the best.

2.monaco metal case looks very nice a clean if you have to dress up or jsut want a bad ass metal case for your phone \

3.the inno case rugged all around everyday protection and you cant get a better case

4.body glove case great grip you can sit it on your bash board of your car or truck and it wont go any where stays put very nice

5.seidio extended battey slim fit (not the crazy big one) this battery will work with any case and gives you around 2 1/2 to 3 hrs more of battery life with the right settings even better now with froyo

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Well I can say this. Since out of the box (November 12th), I've been using my droid naked, just put it in my right leg pocket in my carpenter jeans. I also happen to work construction. In Florida. I don't care where you go in FL, there is sand, it's in contact with my phone constantly. I've worked months on beaches laying on the ground building pool decks exc... I work in the most dirty environments known to man. I've dropped my phone many times, dirt, gravel asphalt...wet from sweat and rain...I've impacted it in my pocket with hammers, drills, bolt cutters, materials from demolition...anything you can imagine and this phone and it's screen have withstood my every attempt to kill it.

I don't have a single scratch on my phone aside from on the metal corners from dropping it on asphalt and concrete. Not A single scratch. I do have a considerable amount of dust under the right top corner of the screen (as expected), but the glass it's self is perfect.

I've even had days at work where I go to open my keyboard and can't because so much material gets in the slider it won't move. I just tap the side with my hammer and jiggle it a bit till it slowly opens and then I just work it back and forth to remove the debris by crushing it into powder and wiping it away or sucking out the sand and concrete stuff from the speakers/slider with a vacuum.

I've got no idea what you all are doing to your screens but damn, if I can't hurt it from every day use in my everyday environment I can't imagine what it would take to cause this phone any harm...but I can promise that sand under normal circumstances (light friction) won't scratch this thing, it just doesn't happen or I'd know all too well by now.