Hi all

plosbornjr

Reaction score
Hi to everyone. I will apologize for the length of this, but I'm assuming a fair amount of people have had similar experiences and have switched from At&t to Verizon.

I've done some research this week and had a few experiences with At&t this week that have helped me make the decision to switch from my iPhone AND At&t to the Droidx and Verizon. I will be relocating to Denver from Eastern, PA. I currently spent a great deal of time in PA, NJ, and NY where the coverage is excellent. My relocation is for a new position in which I will be traveling through 12 states in the Northwest US.

I've tried to determine which carrier has better coverage in my new area (At&t vs Verizon) and it looks like Verizon is more extensive. At this point I called Att to ask if they could provide me with a map that showed how extensive their 3g coverage was in the NW. I also explained that I was a 12 yr customer and was thinking of switching b/c of my new position. You would think that they would be willing to do a little extra to retain my business. Btw, I also informed them that if I were to stay, I would be upgrading my plan to unlimited voice and data (yes, I am grandfathered, as I have had unlimited date for 6yrs). They were unwilling to help me at all nor could the provide a map. I explained that 3g coverage was going to be one of the factors in my decision. I was thoroughly frustrated with the lack of care. The story gets worse...

On thursday, I decided to delete my MobilMe account which they charge a ridiculous $100 for. I let my account expire b/c I didn't see the value in the service. Upon deleting my MobilMe account, All 200 of my contacts were deleted. Frustrated at another issue, I called my local store hoping they could put me in contact with some sort of regional sales rep for business accounts. After a lot of persuation on my part, the guy finally offered to call one for me. He called me back 5 minutes later and informed that the rep said my best option was to call business customer care. This was the same department that couln'd provide me with a map 2 days earlier to retain my business. As I spoke to the guy from the store, I thanked him for helping me make my decision final and that I would be going with Verizon. He had nothing to say, and wouldn't even go the extra inch to keep my business. I look forward to purchasing the Droidx in the next few weeks.

Again, sorry for rambling, but I just had to share and vent...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! It amazes me that companies will act that way. I've always had stellar customer service with Verizon and their coverage is great. I think you'll be happy with the switch. Glad to have you on the boards! :D

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. I had Verizon for eight years but switched to AT&T to get an iPhone. I dropped more calls in the seven months that I had AT&T than the previous eight years with VZW. I'm happy to be back with VZW and will remain. For me, VZW is the better solution. BTW, I'm in central PA and VZW's 3G is better as well.

Mike

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's sad the way some companies will treat their customers. Right now I am tied between keeping Verizon and breaking off from my parrents plan and switching to Sprint for the unlimited mobile to mobile talk. Money is an issue for me. I am going to college and working part time. If Verizon had that I would stay and never think about switching. Since my parrents will not upgrade to a larger plan and I talk alot of sports with my friends on Sprint (Go Red Wings) I am the driving force causing overages on our bill. My dad who is retired refuses to up grade to a better plan because he does not want a larger expence.

Anyway welcome to the forums, Verizon network and the android experience. Have fun.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk