Help with rooting my DROID.

Diamond_Dave

Reaction score
All,

I'm sure this question has been asked time and time again. Now then, I have an OG Droid and need help rooting it. I've tried doing it in the past but did something wrong. I messed it up so bad that I had to take to those phone Nazis at Verizon to help put it back to normal. They said that there was illegal stuff on there but it's all fixed now. They mentioned that my warranty is now void. Oh well. But anyways, just would like a step by step instruction on how to root it because I guess I'm not as computer savvy as I thought I was. :blush: And then maybe help with getting the w-ifi tether for rooted phones. Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

louy99

Reaction score
I pm'ed you

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I could use a little assistance as well. My OG has served me well since its release but it has been acting up lately. I've been eligible for upgrade since July but I'm not completely sold on the Bionic yet. Anyway, I'm willing to try rooting my phone. If I brick it, I guess the Bionic will be my upgrade. However, if I can improve the performance (speed) of my OG then I'd like to hold off a little longer for more options.

I've looked for videos on rooting but the only one with 1-click was for Z4, which is now off the market. What is the latest and greatest rooting app for D1? I'm on 2.2.2 or FRG83G.

Thanks!

hiniker88

Reaction score
i would like to know also. i have tried once in the past but it wasnt successful. im also 2.2.2 FRG83G

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I believe gingerbreak 1.2 works on most(maybe all)phones with 2.2.2

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Superoneclick or the first link in my signature.