rooting my GF's droid tomorrow....help

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
so my gf's og droid is kinda slow and gets bogged down. I used to have a og droid and had it rooted running a UD rom. ITs been a year and it broke and i have a downgrade.....droid eris now. So i forgot a little bit about rooting the og droid.

Can somebody help me with the EASTIEST way to root it and the BEST rom to put on her phone that is super stable and runs fast? thanks for your help in advance

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there is an app called easy root or 1 click root or something like that but I have never tried it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me neither, I know someone by the name of Easy just used it a few days ago, not sure how he got it though. Anybody else know?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just sent you a pm

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ad far as I know, I've seen other people in these forums state that they have used it.

bullswife98

Reaction score
With the latest Verizon update abt only two methods will work when rooting the droid1,using the above(root regardless what version of android) and super-one-click (the older version).If she is on 2.2.1 easy root nor z4root will not work! In order to root her Droid you need to go to xda developers dwnld super one click,then dwnld the Motorola drivers for your PC ie...32 or 64, research the steps, it's easy to do it tells you what you need and gives you links as well, once you root and have super user permission, make sure you install a recovery (can use rom manager to do this nut may take several tries) the I recommend doing a nandroid backup before anything else you do. Once that's done I would also flash rzrecovery, this will drop off clockwork which at times don't work (it likes to spaz out from time to time) and use rzrecovery most devs are recommending this recovery with there roms. Sorry for the long post,but hope it helps.

Rooted : Rz Recovery
Rom : Simply Stunning v5.3
Kernal : Rz Kernal 250/1100oc
Theme:SimplyStunning, ADWTHEME/CRYSTAL

bullswife98

Reaction score
Or use the link two posts up for super-one-click. Lol

dasanman69

Reaction score
With the latest Verizon update abt only two methods will work when rooting the droid1,using the above(root regardless what version of android) and super-one-click (the older version).If she is on 2.2.1 easy root nor z4root will not work! In order to root her Droid you need to go to xda developers dwnld super one click,then dwnld the Motorola drivers for your PC ie...32 or 64, research the steps, it's easy to do it tells you what you need and gives you links as well, once you root and have super user permission, make sure you install a recovery (can use rom manager to do this nut may take several tries) the I recommend doing a nandroid backup before anything else you do. Once that's done I would also flash rzrecovery, this will drop off clockwork which at times don't work (it likes to spaz out from time to time) and use rzrecovery most devs are recommending this recovery with there roms. Sorry for the long post,but hope it helps.

Do you have the link to flash rzrecovery?

bullswife98

Reaction score
Hang on a bit ill look for the link.

bullswife98

Reaction score
rck7,
Can you hook up a link for RaidZero's RZrecovery? For some reason I can't get the link to connect for me.. otherwise if you can go to Droid hacks in this forum hit custom roms scroll to raidzero hit that and go to stickies and abt 3or4 posts down and you'll see the post on updated rs recovery. You want the latest which is 2.0.3 there is a tutorial abt how to install and all your links are there. By the way, his kernals are great to. Fast,smooth,and decent battery life to.