rooting my GF's droid tomorrow....help

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take the battery out and put it back in. If you bootloop, simply hold x and the power button to get into sp recovery. From there choose backup and restore, then restore the backup you just made. Leave it alone for the night and try a different rom tomorrow.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
ok, so i did several battery pulls..... still was in bootloop. So i did a restore and got the phone back to where it was. I dont have my gfs phone with me tonight so when i have it next should i just try a different cyanogen mod rom or what? i think i tried the cynanogenmod 6.1

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe data/cache?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Did you wipe data/cache?

yes, when i chose the rom in rom manager, i clicked it, then 3 options came up, i checked wipe data and cashe, back up, and wipe davik cache or whatever that is, lol. then it downloaded it and installed it, then when it was done installing it rebooted and just was stuck in boot loop

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For how long? Should take up to 2 minutes on first boot.

I would strongly suggest booting into recovery manually. There's a reason they call it "ROM Mangler".

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
For how long? Should take up to 2 minutes on first boot.

I would strongly suggest booting into recovery manually. There's a reason they call it "ROM Mangler".

well it was stuck in it for like 10 mins, did a battery pull, same thing, battery pull, same thing. So i then restored. SO what is the exact way i should flash the rom next time? go into rom manager and download it?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try link 2 in my signature.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Try link 2 in my signature.

ok thanks, i used it and it worked this time, i flashed a bugless beast rom. i also flashed a 1klv kernel. its pretty snappy but after only like 10 mins of using the cpu temp was pretty hot. it was like 107 degrees.

So my next questions are, can anybody suggest to me some good roms that are very stable, pretty fast , cpu doesnt run to hot and battery life is good???

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it working chevyno1's SS5.4 is awesome!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has to do with the kernel. If you used a ulv kernel, try a lv instead and check the temp then.

Sent from my A855.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Okay. Well I flashed a lv kernel not a ulv kernel. I was thinking about flashing a .9 k instead of a 1k kernel and see if that helps at all

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Try loading a few different kernels by different devs to the sd. If one make you bootloop, just go to recovery and load another. Just saves time by not having to do backups. Then just delete to un-used kernels.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
have not rebooted..... it says " windows cant open this file: RSD lite 4.9.rar .
To open this file, windows need to know what program you want to use to open it. ....blah blah blah.. then it asks what do you wan tto do......use the web sservice to find the correct program or select a program from a list of installed programs

Google winrar or 7zip. Install either one then attempt to launch the rsd...rar . What you are looking at is a compressed file archive. Once you have the file open drag and drop the contents to your desktop.

Edit

Wad thinking u still needed hhelp with this. Looks like u got it under control

:)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums