Help with fixing battery drain when phone is idle

Kris2Sommer

Reaction score
I have a Droid X2 I bought off ebay and the battery drains very fast. I purchased a new battery so it is not the battery. Under Battery Usage my Phone Idle is at 70%. I don't know how to fix my battery draining so fast. Also if my battery is fully charged and I Power Off my phone for the night, I can't Power Up my phone in the morning unless I plug it in again to charge the battery. I have No Apps running and I have not loaded anything. Also, I did a hard reset / factory reset and after that, under Battery Usage it still states my Phone Idle is still at 70%. I need help in fixing this, please help me.

Kris

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Download an app called gsam battery monitor. Use it for a while and tell us what is using the battery.
Also, are you rooted?

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
K

Kris2Sommer

Reaction score
Download an app called gsam battery monitor. Use it for a while and tell us what is using the battery.
Also, are you rooted?

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I'm not rooted and I will download the app, thanks for your help.

Kris

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome to the forum Kris...if your issue persists, you could also check out our sister site Droid X Forum which is dedicated to the DX line of phones and possibly find some suggestions there to assist with your issue...good luck!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Kris!! I hope you are able to get it figured out.

wilyums

Reaction score
Hey I'm am old DX user. Try calibrating your battery. There are instructions here and at droidxforums.com. It's been a while since I've had to do it so i don't remember the steps completely. I do remember it's not hard to do and makes a world of difference.