Another Android OS Battery Bug on RAZR Maxx

UntoldForce

Reaction score
I purchased the RAZR Maxx on the first day it came out. After running it for a few hours, I noticed considerable battery drain--far higher than my Droid X. Considering the relatively massive battery of the RAZR Maxx compared to the Droid X, I was surprised by this. At some points Android OS was consuming as high as 86% of the battery, and was draining the Maxx battery in less than 15 hours of idle usage on a factory reset device.

I rooted my device and set up some battery profiles to keep the CPU in its lowest clock state when the screen was off and that helped a bit, but you can still see the results here:

View attachment 47139View attachment 47140

That was including almost an hour of voice calls. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

Tech info:
System version 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android version 2.3.5
Build number 6.5.1-73_DHD-11_M1-2

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You might try the app "badass battery monitory" - it will show what is using the battery which is nice reference. Since I have been using this app, my "kernel" is where I see the most battery drain (sometimes close to 25% or 30%)...

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Surprised, thought people were finding the Maxx battery life much improved. DancingNexus