Help! Screen is unresponsive!

fiestydroid

Reaction score
So my screen has been flipping between working and not for the past week. When I took it to VZW the first time it stopped messing up and I couldnt get it to do the screen issue so they sent me away.... Today my phone's screen went blank and refused to turn on. I have a new phone on the way but it wont be here till tues since its a weekend. I prefer to not be phoneless until it arrives. The guy I called originally said there is a way to do a hard reset (apparently what will solve my problem) without using the screen. But the guy I worked with at the store couldnt do it with the screen so he sent me home phoneless.

Can SOMEONE please help me by explaining how or what I can do to hard reset my Droid 2 without using the normal power + x method. I have tried that and gotten the icon and the menu a couple times but i cant select the reset option or it goes black before I can do anything. I cant get into the normal screen to do the privacy> data reset option either.

Im worried about rooting or roms as Im sure I will have to send this one in once the new one arrives...

If you can help I REALLY appreciate it

C

cdexsw

its a defect in the phone's proximity sensor. resetting the device of any method will not fix your problem.

the guy you talked did not know what he was yammering about.