Droid 2 Touch screen issue! Before and After Reset!

Strtaylor

Reaction score
Hey all,
Sorry im new to the forum! Did a few searches couldnt come up with what was going on with my phone!
Basically 2 days ago my droid 2 touch screen was working fine in the morning that afternoon out of nowhere the touch screen stopped working! tried everything pulling the battery turning on and off deleting apps using a magnet to get the phone unlocked! Today i randomly decided to pull the battery and try again. The touch screen came back for 5 mins then decided to shut down again. So i pulled the battery again! Same thing. Then i pulled it one more time and the touch screen was instantly not working! And i havent been able to get it back yet! So i did a hard reset on the phone 20 mins ago now its stuck on the beginning droid setup page yet the touch screen still isnt working! Any ideas as to what could have caused this and how i go about fixing it before i decide to pay the $100 deductable to have a new one sent to me!
Thanks,
Steven

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would contact VZW unless there is damage to the phone. Secondly, don't /ever/ put a magnet near your phone. You're asking for trouble.

Sent from my Apex'd D2

OP
S

Strtaylor

Reaction score
I appreciate the response! The issue with taking it to VZW is that the water mark on the phone is xed but it has been that way for quite a few months now! So logically i dont think that has anything to do with the reason behind the touch screen not working! Any other options that anyone can think of?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The litmus dot is normal. If it were activated, it would be completely red. "X'd" is an unactivated litmus.

Sent from my Apex'd D2

Reaction score
The litmus dot is normal. If it were activated, it would be completely red. "X'd" is an unactivated litmus.

Sent from my Apex'd D2

This. If your sticker is white with red Xs, it's in good condition. If it's pink with red Xs, it's in passable condition (i.e., it's easily explainable by the phone having been in the same room as you when you took a hot shower... As long as the internal sticker isn't red... Yes, there are TWO of them, and they hide it from us on purpose, to cut down on fraud). If the whole sticker is pink, you're hosed.