Dropped Droid 2 touch no longer working

avisamo

Reaction score
I dropped my phone, battery fell out, on reboot I got some error message about a wire not being connected. I was in a rush, at work, and did not read it like a derp. I pulled the battery and restarted it, now touch won't respond. I can swipe it with a magnet to unlock, and can run some apps, but anytime I get a call, it crashes the dialer. If I try and open the dialer, it immediately crashes. same for some other app, such as Gmail. Any suggestion to fix the screen, and any suggestions to fix the dialer and other apps?

EDIT: Pandora runs, so it still has internet. It still atempts to ring, just crashes immediately after it starts my ringer.

Last edited:

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I dropped my phone, battery fell out, on reboot I got some error message about a wire not being connected. I was in a rush, at work, and did not read it like a derp. I pulled the battery and restarted it, now touch won't respond. I can swipe it with a magnet to unlock, and can run some apps, but anytime I get a call, it crashes the dialer. If I try and open the dialer, it immediately crashes. same for some other app, such as Gmail. Any suggestion to fix the screen, and any suggestions to fix the dialer and other apps?

You may have broken the connection between the radio and the antenna. The only thing I can think to do is disassemble and check all the connections

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2