Help! Screen is unresponsive!

fiestydroid

Reaction score
So my screen has been flipping between working and not for the past week. When I took it to VZW the first time it stopped messing up and I couldnt get it to do the screen issue so they sent me away.... Today my phone's screen went blank and refused to turn on. I have a new phone on the way but it wont be here till tues since its a weekend. I prefer to not be phoneless until it arrives. The guy I called originally said there is a way to do a hard reset (apparently what will solve my problem) without using the screen. But the guy I worked with at the store couldnt do it with the screen so he sent me home phoneless.

Can SOMEONE please help me by explaining how or what I can do to hard reset my Droid 2 without using the normal power + x method. I have tried that and gotten the icon and the menu a couple times but i cant select the reset option or it goes black before I can do anything. I cant get into the normal screen to do the privacy> data reset option either.

Im worried about rooting or roms as Im sure I will have to send this one in once the new one arrives...

If you can help I REALLY appreciate it :icon_eek:

C

cdexsw

its a defect in the phone's proximity sensor. resetting the device of any method will not fix your problem.

the guy you talked did not know what he was yammering about.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

fiestydroid

Reaction score
you don't need to get angry I simply didn't know which area would find me help.

does that mean that I can not get it to work?

I have the phone "on" but the screen wont turn on at all. I can swipe to answer but I cant see who is calling or anything.

C

cdexsw

yes its broke.

its a defect in the phone.

no you cannot fix it.