Help please - my OG Droid is running out of space somehow...

velocity92c

Reaction score
So my Droid has been giving me the low on space error and rejecting text messages, even though I haven't been doing anything that I know of that would take space off of the internal storage. I have even gone so far as to remove almost every app as I rarely use my phone anymore, but the low storage thing prevents texts from coming through which kills me.

These are the steps I've taken

- removed ALL apps, I have no 3rd party apps anymore
- before removing them I used cachemate to clear all app cache
- deleted all text messages/call logs

What could possibly be taking up all this space? It feels as if there's a cache somewhere I haven't deleted yet but I don't know where it is. Any help is appreciated!

parker34

Reaction score
My try a clean install of a ROM since you have already deleted apps and everything. I'm assuming you are rooted and running custom roms because of your signature

bustadroid

Reaction score
Ok I had this problem a while ago, here's what I did. If you backup your phone a lot, delete all but the most recent nandroid backups, they take up a TON of space. If you've done this and there's still low space, make sure you've emptied the trash on your computer when you have the phone mounted.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
I would definitly suggest going into clockwork recovery, going to advanced, and clearing dalvik cache. Because that's what's leftover from applications, and cachemate doesn't clear it. I also suggest getting a gingerbread rom, a feature of gingerbread is better cache management.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk