Droid memory always running low =/

rda990

Reaction score
This has been going on for a couple months now,just now I am getting tired of it to ask how to fix it.I always get the "Phone storage space is getting low." message,which also it so i cannot receive texts since "memory is full".I have the app "CacheMate" which clears caches and usually I just reboot and its fine. My memory in CacheMate shows as this:

Total:261MB
Used:236MB
Free:25MB

My free memory has to be 27MB for my phone to take those "memory full" messages off and be able to receive texts.But my question is why so low?I think I might have put some files in the system partition while I was rooting a while back but im not sure.I also don't have that many programs,and I have deleted about 10~ in the past months that I usually use.

Top apps that take up space:
snap20101205231021.png

Top Running Apps that take up space:
snap20101205231017.png

And this:
snap20101205230942.png

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cache and data also reside in the same spot. If you want to know why it's so low then you need to determine what's using up your space. There are apps for this but I don't have names/links handy off the top of my head.

brochaos

Reaction score
do you do a lot of mms? make sure you always copy attached pic to sd card.

deputc26

Reaction score
Yah I've got the same problem, I have all moved to sd card but I just have too many apps that I use.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
I posted some pics of the top apps that take up most space...

Have you moved apps to the SD card yet?

Yeah I moved all that can be moved.

Cache and data also reside in the same spot. If you want to know why it's so low then you need to determine what's using up your space. There are apps for this but I don't have names/links handy off the top of my head.

If you could find the name of the app it would be nice,I searched the market but only get apps that tell you how much space you have.

do you do a lot of mms? make sure you always copy attached pic to sd card.

Yeah I found that out a while ago that pic messages take up "a lot" of space,but right now i have none.

Yah I've got the same problem, I have all moved to sd card but I just have too many apps that I use.

Exactly I use almost everything I got so there would be no point if I remove them.

harrellj

Reaction score
Last edited:

tonydelite

Reaction score
Your dialer storage is out of control!

I suggest clearing dialer storage data. You will lose all your texts, but it should help a ton.

brochaos

Reaction score
yep, that is way too big. i had a friend with the same problem, he never copied pic to sd card...

wingdo

Reaction score
Yeah that is HUGE, I just checked my dialer as I don't delete old messages via handcent and I am only at 780k for dialer storage.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
DiskUsage - Android app on AppBrain is probably one of the apps that Takeshi was thinking of. Also, why so much space for dialer storage?!

WOW,so I should have about 100MB~ of free space on my phone!?!? I knew something was wrong and that my Droid had more space...

Thanks,got the app and it works,but didn't show any more than I already knew from the Manage Applications screen.I only have about one MMS saved (Rest are on SD card) and about 4,000~ SMS saved,but I made it so it only allows up to 250 SMS's per person.

I backed up everything and started "debugging",I deleted all texts,call log history,dissabled the Facebook sync thing (The pictures could of been taken space,but they don't) and only got the Dialer Storage ONLY down to 111MB....

Last edited:

wingdo

Reaction score
I backed up everything and started "debugging",I deleted all texts,call log history,dissabled the Facebook sync thing (The pictures could of been taken space,but they don't) and only got the Dialer Storage ONLY down to 111MB....

What happens when you clear dialer data?

Settings -> applications -> running -> Dialer Storage -> clear data ?

Jeyman

Reaction score
that cant be texts(even MMS thats high) data >.> I have around 5000 texts on my phone now and it only takes up like an extra 2MB of data

something else is up with that size...

edit: ~_~ looked at wrong size. Still 6MB for 5000 texts the guy would have to have some 200,000 texts lol

edit 2: do you have maybe a video? I know you said all the MMS where moved to SD, but a video would do the same.

Last edited: