help me find my videos please

scottzilla

Reaction score
I have 17 videos saved in internal memory. how can I save these to my pc?
I have since switched pics/video to save to sd card but apparently the default setting is to save in internal memory. When hooked up to my pc I cannot even find these video files. I looked everywhere. Vids are too large to email so that's not an option.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 17 videos saved in internal memory. how can I save these to my pc?
I have since switched pics/video to save to sd card but apparently the default setting is to save in internal memory. When hooked up to my pc I cannot even find these video files. I looked everywhere. Vids are too large to email so that's not an option.

They have to be in your Media file. I'm almost 100% sure they are there on the SD card.

There is a way to search for this but unfortunately you didn't tell us what kind of phone you have. Since you joined in October it probably isn't a Droid 1, and that's really what this thread is for. Your phone may be an Incredible, a D2 or and X. In the future, make sure you post in the proper thread or at least let us know what your phone is.

If you have the X or the D2 you can click on your files and do a search for a video by title. This will show you the exact location for that video.

If you have the original Droid you will need to download a file manager. I recommend Linda File Manager, I like it better then Astro. Do the same thing open the file manager and do a search.

I'm not sure what's on the Incredible but if you don't have files then download one of the two I recommend from the paragraph above.

Then you should be able to navigate to that spot on the SD card. Again I believe you'll find it in Media.

Hope this helps.

-hook

OP
S

scottzilla

Reaction score
It's an incredible.
Videos are saved in internal memory, not on the SD card. I have 2 file managers, the videos are not there.
My device was set up to save pics and videos in internal memory. I have since changed this.
Getting the pics saved was not a problem; I simply emailed them to my pc and saved them. I cannot do this for the vids because the files are too large.
Thanks for the reply but my question remains: how do I retrieve videos saved on internal memory?
I guess I stumped droidforum with this one, huh?

sent from my penis using Tapatalk

OP
S

scottzilla

Reaction score
No. I cannot see the files in either the SD drive or the internal drive.

The vids are not on the SD card. I assure you they are saved in internal memory.

OP
S

scottzilla

Reaction score
Forgot to mention...
If I could find the file I wouldn't be having this problem.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you can see files on the internal storage? You just can't see these files? Do you know where they are stored (as in which folder)? Is it a case of not being able to find them or not being able to see them? I find this very puzzling!! Are you 100% sure they are there? Can you view/play them through the video player?

You are making my brain hurt!! :)

OP
S

scottzilla

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you can see files on the internal storage? You just can't see these files? Do you know where they are stored (as in which folder)? Is it a case of not being able to find them or not being able to see them? I find this very puzzling!! Are you 100% sure they are there? Can you view/play them through the video player?

You are making my brain hurt!! :)

No, I cannot see the files when mounted to my pc. That's kind of the problem. I can play the videos in my phone.
When mounted I checked everywhere on both drives and could not find them nor have I found a way to send them to my SD card from within the device.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you open the Gallery, I assume you can see the files there? If so, can't you long press the video's icon and select "More" and then Details and get the file name? If so, can't you then use either the PC or an on-board File Manager to search for that file name?

OP
S

scottzilla

Reaction score
When you open the Gallery, I assume you can see the files there? If so, can't you long press the video's icon and select "More" and then Details and get the file name? If so, can't you then use either the PC or an on-board File Manager to search for that file name?

That's what I thought would work to. The file name obtained by checking properties is /100media. Each video is labeled this way. When I search for this file both internally and rooted I cannot find it.

OP
S

scottzilla

Reaction score
Just an update on this:
I found the video files and saved them on my pc. I have no idea why I couldn't find them but upon mounting to my PC BINGO, there they were.:icon_eek:
I do find my device does odd things that i'm not used to. For example it will wipe all my pics away after I mount only to have them reappear a few minutes later. Things like that, so I assume this is why I couldn't find the files.

One technique would have been to send the vids to Dropbox, btw.:)