HELP! Installed ROM, stuck in reboot cycle. Can't start - NEWB HERE

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
haha, no worries. I actually MIGHT do the ADW thing, but I dunno. I see that as more of a hindrance to the ROMs. Just another thing it would have to process to eat up battery for some more good looks. I have an extended battery, but I like my phone on the slim and protected side so I am rollin with the factory battery now. Testing out the battery life with the Th3ory ROMs.

jkliving92

Reaction score
Sorry, I have tons of questions. When I do a recovery reboot and load another ROM (I will only be using theory, don't worry) can I reload all my apps and only the apps and data from the recovery console? I reloaded all my apps yesterday from titanium backup (not pro) and had to press "install" and "done" 82 times last night. Thats the only thing keeping me from trying new ROMs. Is their an easier way? I did a full system restore from the console and it took me back to my old pre-theory setup.

Honestly restoring apps and data are usually a bad idea. It defeats the purpose of wiping data if you're just going to restore it back. I always just reinstall my apps all over again. One of the hassles of changing roms.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
really? what if I just install the apps then and not the data? still harm in that?

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
really? what if I just install the apps then and not the data? still harm in that?

It is possible using advaced restore in CWR. But it really is not recommend. If you havr weird issues that nobody else is having, that is most likely the answer. :)

APPMonster Pro is the best way. Use Old Style Backup and you havr ALL your APKs saved on your SD Card.

:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jkliving92

Reaction score
haha, no worries. I actually MIGHT do the ADW thing, but I dunno. I see that as more of a hindrance to the ROMs. Just another thing it would have to process to eat up battery for some more good looks. I have an extended battery, but I like my phone on the slim and protected side so I am rollin with the factory battery now. Testing out the battery life with the Th3ory ROMs.

I've had no issues with battery on theory. If you updated to .893 most of your battery issues should be resolved. Always recalibrate your battery when flashing a new rom too. Sometimes your battery isn't actually dying any faster than normal, your phone is giving a false reading of your battery status. Just charge to 100%, (may have to charge with phone off to get an accurate reading), boot into bootstrap, go to advanced, then wipe battery stats. Now reboot and let your battery drain completely without charging.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I never really had any problems since I turned in my droid for a new one. Just battery life sucked. I rooted my phone to get more flexibility and better battery life and less data drops (sorry that was an issue before)
Hmmmmmm, things to think about.

jkliving92

Reaction score
I never really had any problems since I turned in my droid for a new one. Just battery life sucked. I rooted my phone to get more flexibility and better battery life and less data drops (sorry that was an issue before)
Hmmmmmm, things to think about.

Go to about phone. Are you still running .886?

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Nope. .893

EDIT: I'm not saying I am having problems. I'm saying I am problem free and I am actually doing better in the battery life department. Seems smooth running too.

Prozac4me

Reaction score
I was running the purity v2.4, with xoom theme, and i'm stuck in a boot loop after trying to use an animation changer in root tools from jrummy. I've tried sbf'ing and it fails immediately, and i've tried the one click method from releasd, and that doesn't work either. I noticed that my flash recovery has been updated from 0.53, to .064 after the .893 leak, and i'm not sure if that's what causing it to fail. If anyone can help me get back to my last nandroid in CWM, or even back to stock at this point, it would be greatly appreciated!! I also want to say that i love the purity rom, and that it's super sweet.

Thanks in advance!
Marv