Help, error upgrading to lollipop!!

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Details:

moto x purchased from web site, for use on Tmobile, 100% stock no tweaks.

i'm currently deployed. Lucky enough to have WiFi on base and T-mobile so communication home this deployment has been amazing. Saw lollipop came out today. downloaded it. installed it. phone boots up with the regular "TOMMYBOT Mobile" and then the spinning M worlds. then it gives me the password (for the decryption). it took a min and then said some error about corrupt files and that i needed to factory reset my phone. so i pressed the button and nothing happened... so i powered down the phone. and then everything started up the same. but when i put in my password to decrypt it takes a minute and then says starting android.... and then the screen goes black. tried 5 times. longest i waited was 30min.

i can start my phone pressing the power and volum down and it brings up a fastboot menu? but even from there the factory reset option just boots my phone back up as if i pressed the power button.

any help is appriciated.

thank you,

tom

edit:
followed these instructions Reset my device

and watched a video of the same thing on youtube. when my sad little android with the "!" comes up it says "No Command" underneath him. and i can not get to the next menu by pressing the volume up for 10-15 seconds and then short presssing the power button. It just stays on the dead android screen

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
It's been a while since I've used my Moto but I do know the button commands when you see the "no command" screen could have changed or become finniky. Try pressing them at the same time. Or pressing power first. I know there is a direct answer but I can't think of it. Keep trying button combos till someone else chimes in.

Sent from my Note 4

mugz91

Reaction score
Holding the volume up button and the power button simultaneously (just hold in the power button for a bit instead of short pressing it) should work. Keep trying and post back if you're not successful.

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
holy crap so glad i refreshed this page before going back to work! ok so i could of sworn i tried that. so i'm in the android system recovery <3e> LPA23. 12-15
wipe cache and then wipe data/factory reset or just the wipedata/factory reset?

mugz91

Reaction score
Go ahead and wipe everything you can, shouldn't hurt as long as you can get back into recovery.

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
wiped everything. i'm up on lollipop! (minus any unclouded data. but i'll survive. just glad to have my phone back. thank you so much for the help and i'm so glad i always read my android news on this site lol!