HELP!! Droid x won't boot past the droid logo

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
If u r not ok, tell me and i'll get u taken care of. Looks like all u gotta do is root, install dx bootstrap, go to clockwork, instal kernel updated zip.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

okay will do. im spending another 2 bucks on bootstrap right now. rather pay a few bucks than 500 for a new phone

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
If u r not ok, tell me and i'll get u taken care of. Looks like all u gotta do is root, install dx bootstrap, go to clockwork, instal kernel updated zip.

okay i got bootstrap installed. Im still stuck on the putting the whole zip to SD part. Would it work the same if i made a new folder with a random name and i stuck boot.img, rdl.bin, and the Meta-inf folder in it? then put the whole folder into my SD? Because I use WinRar and it doesnt really let me put the whole zip into my SD. it just gives me the meta-inf folder with the boot and rdl seperate

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
okay nvm i get it now lol. Sorry im so stupid at this stuff. i got it done.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Okay im all updated and now I have this whole process down pat. I just want to say thanks to CD95YJ, Clumsy Ninja, jsw6380a and jellybean420 for really pulling me through this process and not get frustrated with me. If not for you guys I would have ended up going to verizon tomorrow just to get my warranty voided.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
No problem mate, like you said it was a team effort, but now you can read about flashing custom roms and not be too worried because as long as you get the logo your not truly bricked :icon_ banana: and you know your way back

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
No problem mate, like you said it was a team effort, but now you can read about flashing custom roms and not be too worried because as long as you get the logo your not truly bricked :icon_ banana: and you know your way back

haha yeah i was just looking into roms. i gotta say those roms look pretty appealing with all the different themes. I think il give it a try. Thanks again

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Well I am off to bed, but not before I suggest the Liberty rom with either the nextheme or the watermark theme (my favorites)...

Its all about finding what you like best, but Liberty is fast as h3ll and looks cool too.

Make sure to follow all the instructions for flashing a new rom, oh and get use to setting up your gmail account :)

You can get past having to reinstall everything by using titanium back up, it will save all your apps and their data.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Well I am off to bed, but not before I suggest the Liberty rom with either the nextheme or the watermark theme (my favorites)...

Its all about finding what you like best, but Liberty is fast as h3ll and looks cool too.

Make sure to follow all the instructions for flashing a new rom, oh and get use to setting up your gmail account :)

You can get past having to reinstall everything by using titanium back up, it will save all your apps and their data.

Okay got it. Im off to bed now too. Finally got all my apps installed again

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Oh and do all apps work with those roms like for example would I still be able to overclock with droid overclock?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
yes... not a problem to use droid overclock.. Make sure you take a look at my signature and download bootstrapper before you doing ANYTHING as far as ROMS go. If you follow the channel on youtube there is a video on how to flash a ROM as well.

Good luck man and if you need anything else PM me and I will help you out the best I can.. :icon_ banana:

MrKleen

Reaction score
Good job guys for getting him back up and running!

Now that he is operational again I sure hope he makes a backup first thing.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Good job guys for getting him back up and running!

Now that he is operational again I sure hope he makes a backup first thing.

Oh yeah I definitely made a backup this time lol. I was told to use titanium backup by the others on this thread

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey jjj! Glad u made it thru!!! I passed out at my pc and woke up with keys imprinted on my forehead. :/

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Hey jjj! Glad u made it thru!!! I passed out at my pc and woke up with keys imprinted on my forehead. :/

Lol yeah thanks for staying up to help me. Im now running liberty rom with the black juice theme.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
But one things wromg
Is there any way I can get backup assistant on liberty rom? Ive downloaded the contacts from gmail but it lists the numbers of each contact as a note instead of cell number