HELP!! Droid x won't boot past the droid logo

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
okay so i should use the 2.3.320. okay lets hope i dont mess up my phone more. thank god for people like you and the others who have answered my thread

Yes, that will restore your phone. Post your android version, kernel version and baseband versions when your done so we can make sure your on the latest builds.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

okay i think im up and running. here are the pieces of info you requested.
Android version 2.2.1

Kernel version 2.6.32.9-gca645b6 w30471 and a bunch of stuff after (i dont know if this is right, looks longer than before the sbf)

Baseband version BP_C_01.09.07P

do these look about right?

Not to jump over CD but yes. Im stock rooted at the moment and went thru the sbf process again today. :)
Btw, good hand in hand CD. :)
Edit;
Kernel looks off

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
No, the market got updated. Your running the right version, but your kernel isn't the right one. It should be this
43be14dd-ef65-eef0.jpg

There are two ways to get this, download the Team black hat app from the market and download it, or find it on mydroidworld and download it from there. You will boot into recovery and load it as a zip file.

what happens if im running the wrong kernel? and the market went back to the green look. does the market update its look itself or do i have to download it?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Running the wrong kernel you wont ever get ota updates.

Like I said get the kernel file from team black hat, boot into recovery, mount the system, select to load zip from SD card, find the kernel zip and load it, you'll be completely stock at that point.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Like I said get the kernel file from team black hat, boot into recovery, mount the system, select to load zip from SD card, find the kernel zip and load it, you'll be completely stock at that point.

um...i can't find the kernel zip by tbh on their app or on mdw....any link?

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score

ive already started downloading my apps back. Will i have to download everything again if i do that?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Give me a minute, I'll pm it to ya, connect your phone in mass storage mode and put the file on the root of your SD card, that way its easy to find.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Give me a minute, I'll pm it to ya, connect your phone in mass storage mode and put the file on the root of your SD card, that way its easy to find.

Thanks...my kernel is wrong.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score

could you pm it to me too? i bought team black hat app and i couldnt find it

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

could you pm it to me too? i bought team black hat app and i couldnt find it

Just found it ill pm it to you too

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Send me your emails and I'll send the files to you that way, having trouble with the private message system here.

you can just shoot me one and I'll reply with the files

[email protected]