Droid X won't load past motorola logo...STOCK

felixtibs

Reaction score
Stock motorola Droid
All of a sudden it won't boot past the logo! Many helps needed since I need to take a phone call Friday.
Pear...any help ....I'll go comb the forum.

OP
F

felixtibs

Reaction score
Holding home and power didn't bring up the triangle icon btw. Camera-power-volume brings up bootloader 30.04 . Says battery is ok

rjcormier

Reaction score
Same type of problem

I acquired a phone off craigslist that wont boot. I was pretty sure I could fix it. I can get the bootloader and battery status to come up but the phone isn't recognized by adb or rsd. In my car, when I plug it in it auto turns on but only to the logo. Volume keys will not put me in the recovery mode.

There was a trick a few tried and I did those, power and home till logo, but logo only comes on if it is plugged in to the car...sometimes the comp.

When I plug to the comp the screen stays off and the green light comes on. I did do the camera volume power and it comes up and says battery low cannot program and bootloader 30.04. The thing is that the battery may be low but Verizon put in a good battery and it wouldn't power on for them.

Any ideas?

leftspin

Reaction score
rjcormier said:
I acquired a phone off craigslist that wont boot. I was pretty sure I could fix it. I can get the bootloader and battery status to come up but the phone isn't recognized by adb or rsd. In my car, when I plug it in it auto turns on but only to the logo. Volume keys will not put me in the recovery mode.

There was a trick a few tried and I did those, power and home till logo, but logo only comes on if it is plugged in to the car...sometimes the comp.

When I plug to the comp the screen stays off and the green light comes on. I did do the camera volume power and it comes up and says battery low cannot program and bootloader 30.04. The thing is that the battery may be low but Verizon put in a good battery and it wouldn't power on for them.

Any ideas?

If you can charge the battery somehow you could try flashing an sbf. Can't get you a link right now because I'm on my phone but Google "how to sbf droid x" and you'll find a guide.

rjcormier

Reaction score
If you can charge the battery somehow you could try flashing an sbf. Can't get you a link right now because I'm on my phone but Google "how to sbf droid x" and you'll find a guide.

will it not charge the battery from the wall with the battery in? and the phone never shows in the comp so I cant flash an sbf i thought...i can buy another battery and an external charger but I am not sure that this is the issue since verizon tried a good battery and the guy used his wifes droid x2 battery with not change...just wont boot past logo...guy didnt seem to know anything about flashing so i doubt he bricked it...im somewhat familiar with this phone, was running miui and liberty on my husbands and a friend of ours...

why when i plug up the phone does it show the logo? no battery meter...

leftspin

Reaction score
rjcormier said:
will it not charge the battery from the wall with the battery in? and the phone never shows in the comp so I cant flash an sbf i thought...i can buy another battery and an external charger but I am not sure that this is the issue since verizon tried a good battery and the guy used his wifes droid x2 battery with not change...just wont boot past logo...guy didnt seem to know anything about flashing so i doubt he bricked it...im somewhat familiar with this phone, was running miui and liberty on my husbands and a friend of ours...

why when i plug up the phone does it show the logo? no battery meter...

You can't charge the battery unless you can boot into the OS. You flash the sbf from the bootloader so if you can get the battery charged you can flash it.

rjcormier

Reaction score
a6f88a4c-fd80-25ad.jpg
OK bad news...I flashed, it said it passed in rsd but the phone says errors..and service required

hopefully someone has insight...I am gonna Google it as well

Sorry...the pic uploaded twice...but it is just to show the specific errors

Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342045481593.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342045481593.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 451

rjcormier

Reaction score
Ok, after some searching, I'm thinging its possible that I went too far back in sbf files. being I bought this phone broken, I didn't know what version software it was on. I had a DROID x before and simply went back to the version I knew worked with a rom we used before.

I am going to try the 612 version...blindly...I wish someone was able to tell me if there was another way

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

rjcormier

Reaction score
No dice as of yet...flashed the. 612 twice and it completes, and reboots the phone but it never boots up, just stays at the logo and the rsd says to manually power up the phone...

have not been able to get the phone into recovery mode to factory reset or anything.

gonna flash once more and then just wait to see what someone might have in mind to do

rjcormier

Reaction score
I have tried multiple cables, the Linux solution, with and without the SD card....605,.612....340...idk, please help

newmanx4

Reaction score
Did you SBF .621 using RSD Lite? After a successful SBF you need to do a factory reset to get the phone to boot. From a powered off state hold Home and Power until you get a screen with an Android and a triangle. At that screen press both volume keys simultaneously. Then perform the factory reset. Use volume keys to scroll and Power to select.

Sent from my Liquid X

rjcormier

Reaction score
I have tried to do that a hundred times...its either my buttons are broke or there is no factory recovery anymore...it absolutely won't go there to do it...I have asked and looked for a way to do it through adb but the phone never gets recognized ...it doesn't say device not found...it just stays blank...attached devices and blank

Reaction score
My x did this the night before the Bionic came out. I tried everything, couldn't get into recovery either. I sent it to MOTO under factory warranty, and they sent me a new phone, which I sold to help pay for the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums