Help Droid Won't Boot past Logo Screen

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score
Ok well my friend did put a custom rom on it so if they get it to boot it will be pretty obvious to them right ?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I've tried two different chargers so I don't think that its the charger.

Well, if you haven't done anything to it, you could get it warrantied. I don't think it needs to be sbf'd and

it wont sbf if the battery isn't charged above 50% anyway I believe. Did you try your friends battery?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok well my friend did put a custom rom on it so if they get it to boot it will be pretty obvious to them right ?

Ohhh, most likely. Depends on how knowledgeable the person who is looking at it is.

Have you been running that ROM for a month no problem? Or was it recently put on?

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score
No he doesn't live close to me. Not sure I know anyone else who has the droid x either.

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score

Ohhh, most likely. Depends on how knowledgeable the person who is looking at it is.

Have you been running that ROM for a month no problem? Or was it recently put on?

Yea I've been running it with out a problem for about a month

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
No he doesn't live close to me. Not sure I know anyone else who has the droid x either.

Well thats my only suggestion, sorry. You have to have it fully charged before doing anything drastic to

get it back to stock. Try something real quick, if its allowing you to power on at least. Hold your camera

button, volume buttons at the same time and then hold power button down. When it flashes, release all

and see if it goes into your bootloader. It will be a black screen with some words in white on the left.

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score

Well thats my only suggestion, sorry. You have to have it fully charged before doing anything drastic to

get it back to stock. Try something real quick, if its allowing you to power on at least. Hold your camera

button, volume buttons at the same time and then hold power button down. When it flashes, release all

and see if it goes into your bootloader. It will be a black screen with some words in white on the left.

Yea I was able to do that. It says

Bootloader 30.04
Battery OK
OK to Program Connect USB Data Cable

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yea I've been running it with out a problem for about a month

Oops. My last instructions on what I wanted you to try, you have to have power OFF before holding

those buttons and trying that.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Bootloader 30.04
Battery OK

Ok, thats where you will go if you need to sbf later. Hit the power button and it will shut back off

from there. But you can't start an sbf if you don't know where your battery level is. This is the

problem. If you start the sbf and battery isn't charged you can run into more serious issues.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Bootloader 30.04
Battery OK

So you bootloader isn't showing an error, which is good. But when it says "Battery OK" it doesn't

mean "Battery Full" and it doesn't show the level of it. Are you on Gingerbread or Froyo?

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score
OK once I figure out how to get my battery charged how do I do the sbf ?

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score

Bootloader 30.04
Battery OK

So you bootloader isn't showing an error, which is good. But when it says "Battery OK" it doesn't

mean "Battery Full" and it doesn't show the level of it. Are you on Gingerbread or Froyo?

Gingerbread

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, if your on Gingerbread, hit the both volume keys when your at the Droid with the /!\. See if that does anything.

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Do a hard reset to get into cwm. Mine is power button plus volume down. Fro. There do a factory reset.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB