Droid Mini wont charge wont boot past motorola logo

bsmithf150

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Mini
Ok, I have seen some similar post on here about this problem but none exactly like mine and none of the fixes have worked. I have a stock droid mini. The battery ran down to 0% and the phone shut off. When I plug it in (stock charger, other charger, wall, car, desk top none have worked) the battery charge symbol shows up, says 0% then like a min. later, it flashes to the white Motorola logo with powered by android at the bottom. This will stay on for a few min then screen goes black, then back to Motorola logo. I can get to the fast boot screen but when I make a selection, it just goes back to the white Motorola logo screen.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There are possibly one of two problems that you're suffering. Either the battery had actually been deep discharged because the power level in the battery was actually lower than the meter was indicating, and since the meter didn't realize that the battery was actually lower it allowed the phone to continue to deplete the battery's voltage well below the safe threshold. Now when you plug in the charger its trying to give the battery the juice it needs to charge but before it has enough to be sustained the phone starts to boot at which time it uses not only the power coming from the charger but also starts to again deplete the battery. Once it reaches a certain point the battery in the phone is too low and the phone shuts down again.

The other possibility is that you have a corrupted version of the operating system, but unfortunately in order to fix that you have to be able to be in the fast boot screen and have sufficient power to reflash the wrong.

You may need to get a factory data cable in order to provide power directly to the battery and bypass the charging circuit. These custom power cables can be obtained via eBay, amazon.com, and also direct through sources on other forums. The reason this cable is different than the one you have is because the one you have only supplies power to the charging circuit and the charging circuit then determines if and how much power to provide to the battery. The custom factory data programming cable on the other hand, bypasses the charger and provides power directly to the battery, thereby avoiding this reverse deletion of the batteries charge d at boot up.