Droid X Won't Boot - Blinks Red Motorola Logo

Beka27

Reaction score
How's it going? Over the past 2 weeks, I've SBFed and Gingerbreaded 3 Droid Xs. There's lots of good info floating around here, but let me know if you get hung up anywhere.

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
Going to start SBF'ing just yet. Just got everything downloaded and have cleared some time now at work to wrap it up. Any idea how long it should take? I'm going to follow the instructions exactly from the link Tone_Capone posted and then take it from there.

Beka27

Reaction score
To SBF back to Froyo shouldn't take very long at all. Can you watch a youtube vid at work? There's one that takes you thru step-by-step. Search "SBF Randy Kelly"...

Tone_Capone

Reaction score
The thread I posted are the same same set of instructions I used, and the process should only take around 5-10 minutes.

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
OK...so this is probably just because I'm using my awful work machine, but when I plugged in the USB for my phone to the laptop, it wouldn't fully install the drivers. Is there a way to manually do this so I can keep working or am I stuck until I get home? RSDlite won't even recognize the phone yet and I assume its because of the drivers not install aftering connecting via USB.

Beka27

Reaction score
In that link I posted yesterday, on the right hand side, there are links to the Moto drivers.

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
I am able to get RSD 4.8 to see my device. Is it ok to use over 4.9 since that is what is in the instructions? I am assuming it is, but wanted to check first.

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen it appears my phone has been restored to its original glory. Thanks so much for the help over the last few days, you guys are absolutely amazing and I appreciate it. The best news is my phone has all the apps and root already there. Guess when the code corrupted on the last try it still somehow saved all of my apps and settings.

I do have one last question though...do either of you have a good link to the .596 GB leak so I can jump up from Froyo and do I have to do a data wipe or back it to factory to get there? Thanks again!

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm on my phone right now so I don't have the link, but do a search for team black hat .596

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
Awesome thanks! I think I found it. Should I wipe back to factory settings before installing and moving up to GB? If I do that, should I restore using CW or Titanium to get my apps and settings back to where they are right now?

Beka27

Reaction score
You are on stock .340 right now, correct? Have you used titanium backup in the past? If so, when you download the app again, all you have to do is run a batch restore for all of your apps/data. If you have never backed up your apps/data, then yes, you will need to download and set everything up again.

At this point, on .340, all you'll have to do is install z4root, install Droid X bootstrapper, go into clockwork, wipe data and cache, and then install the 2 files back to back.

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
I just applied the team black hat GB files, but didn't go through the wipe. Will this impact me in any way and should I just go back and do it with the full wipe?

Tone_Capone

Reaction score
It's always recommended to do a full data and cache wipe before flashing anything new to make sure nothing corrupts the installation. But if you already flashed and are not experiencing any problems, i wouldn't worry about it