phone won't boot - tried everything, time for factory reset...

cloutier

Reaction score
phone won't boot - did wipe / factory reset via recovery mode, stuck on red eye...

quite depressing...

had the phone for two weeks and i already have to do a wipe and reinstall everything? this morning i uninstalled the facebook app because it was just sucking all the life out of my phone, and upon doing so, it completely bricked me and now i'm unable to get past the droid logo on boot, regardless of what i do.

now i'm wiping and starting over...

not. a good. sign.

Last edited:
OP
C

cloutier

Reaction score
ok...did the boot recovery AND a factory reset / wipe...

still won't boot up. i think i'm crippled here.

suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
quite depressing...

had the phone for two weeks and i already have to do a wipe and reinstall everything? this morning i uninstalled the facebook app because it was just sucking all the life out of my phone, and upon doing so, it completely bricked me and now i'm unable to get past the droid logo on boot, regardless of what i do.

now i'm wiping and starting over...

not. a good. sign.

Take a look here and see if this will help you:

How to Boot into Recovery Mode on Droid X

OP
C

cloutier

Reaction score
way ahead of you.

already did a wipe data / factory reset, AND a wipe cache partition.

now what? won't make it past the red eye!

OP
C

cloutier

Reaction score
ok. it finally made it past the red eye, and i'm back to starting over with a fresh wipe of the phone (which is a pain in the ass)...

any clue what might have caused this? will this happen again and i'll end up punching someone?

jdausesj

Reaction score
This just happened to me, right after i uninstalled facebook...VERRRY WEIRD! I had to reboot to recovery and factory reset 3 times in order to get it to boot...I am rooted....

brianopp

Reaction score
Same thing for me. I installed the facebook app. I had problems with my phone. I then uninstalled FB and now my phone wont get passed the red eye.