Hello fellow Androidians!

bronx finest

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up my Moto Droid this week (either tomorrow or Sat) and I'll be a part of the show soon.

I'm leaving the BlackBerry world behind, as I am growing tired of my Storm (original), and their specs/capabilities are yet to improve. I mean all I typically like to do is, chat with my fiancee, my friends, get the weather, browse the web, read a few items through RSS, stream Pandora, watch YouTube, and order movie tickets through my phone.

All of which could be done from a BlackBerry device, but there's even more that can be done on an Android device, so I'm going to give it a shot. Only issue is, I had 40 people on my BBM, 20 of which I speak to regularly, so that's going to be a change for me.

I also love Linux, and the OSS world, and what it means to competition.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Bronx...

Great to have you on board here.

Enjoy the Droid

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome.....

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. This is a great forum with great people on it. Read everything you can and you will find all the answers you need. I was noticing just a few minutes ago someone posted a question and in less than 2 minutes had it answered and answered correctly. You can't get that kind of customer service from anyone these days.

Have fun. BTW, I am from this point forward never going to use the phrase "Smart Phone". The Droid is a "Shirt Pocket Laptop" (SPL). :icon_ banana:

OP
B

bronx finest

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. This is a great forum with great people on it. Read everything you can and you will find all the answers you need. I was noticing just a few minutes ago someone posted a question and in less than 2 minutes had it answered and answered correctly. You can't get that kind of customer service from anyone these days.

Have fun. BTW, I am from this point forward never going to use the phrase "Smart Phone". The Droid is a "Shirt Pocket Laptop" (SPL). :icon_ banana:
To be honest with you, I agree.

"Smartphones" are pretty dumb in comparison with Android equipped phones. :p

And yep, the Forums are especially quick on help, way easier than dialing in an 800# then dealing with some idiot (more often than not) that is just cycling through a sheet or database.

Candice

Reaction score
I'm an ex-BBer too, and never thought about my BBM contacts. I stopped using it a month ago, but, and bear in mind, i'm not the least bit "techie" or up to my ears in Droid info, I don't think there's a Droid/BBM cross-over. They may just be lost. Or convince them all to move to gtalk. It's much better anyway.

Enjoy your phone/mini-netbook. :)

OP
B

bronx finest

Reaction score
I'm an ex-BBer too, and never thought about my BBM contacts. I stopped using it a month ago, but, and bear in mind, i'm not the least bit "techie" or up to my ears in Droid info, I don't think there's a Droid/BBM cross-over. They may just be lost. Or convince them all to move to gtalk. It's much better anyway.

Enjoy your phone/mini-netbook. :)
As far as I know, there isn't :p

But text/email will have to do, or good ole Gtalk. How is the interface on the Droid? That's one thing I've yet to see or look into (I have a tendency of over-researching my "next" move).

I did convince them to originally get their BB's, now I will have to bring them to the dark side :D

OP
B

bronx finest

Reaction score
Picked it up, and I love it so far, just botched an install of the invisishield, I didn't want to use the liquid it comes with (bad experience with Storm) so I gotta go pick another protector at the Verizon store.

FML