Heads up: PS3 Jailbreak wiki tracker!

tofasttafuri

Reaction score
Just a warning to everyone... if you do install this, whether you install "game backups" or not, there is a definite risk of being banned from PSN in the future, similar to what MS has done with the Xbox 360. Personally, I have two PS3s, so I'm willing to guinea-pig one of them with this, although I will avoid signing into my PSN account with it.

I'm waiting for either the Droid 1 or PSP port for this exploit.

Not really,if you are smart and use the new manager that makes it seem as if you are playing "Modern Warfare 2" they wouldn't be able to figure it out.I also am waiting on one for Droid 1 and sorry to say but i think they said that the PSP port one is impossible to do.

If anyone wants to stay on 3.41 and not update watch my video

[video=youtube;QT0CUjBtIw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT0CUjBtIw4]YouTube - How to bypass PS3 3.42 3.21 Update (or any other)[/video]

ask any questions.

Is there a similar program for Macs?

rda990

Reaction score

Honestly,Im not sure =/ but here ill help you out,go on your PS3,go to network settings then click custom untill you get to "DNS Settings" and all you have to do is change your primary dns address to "67.202.81.137" and it will work.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Just a warning to everyone... if you do install this, whether you install "game backups" or not, there is a definite risk of being banned from PSN in the future, similar to what MS has done with the Xbox 360. Personally, I have two PS3s, so I'm willing to guinea-pig one of them with this, although I will avoid signing into my PSN account with it.

I'm waiting for either the Droid 1 or PSP port for this exploit.

Not really,if you are smart and use the new manager that makes it seem as if you are playing "Modern Warfare 2" they wouldn't be able to figure it out.I also am waiting on one for Droid 1 and sorry to say but i think they said that the PSP port one is impossible to do.

[video=youtube;QT0CUjBtIw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT0CUjBtIw4"]YouTube - How to bypass PS3 3.42 3.21 Update (or any other)[/video]

ask any questions.

Don't be so sure Sony can't tell even with that... in fact, don't count on that at all.

If you are "smart" you won't mess around with any of this and be signed into PSN until we see what happens.

Best case scenario is we can have homebrew running directly from external USB (and no I'm not talking about "backups"), so that we can come and go from the exploit without leaving tell-tale traces in our systems.

rda990

Reaction score

YouTube - How to bypass PS3 3.42 3.21 Update (or any other)

ask any questions.

Don't be so sure Sony can't tell even with that... in fact, don't count on that at all.

If you are "smart" you won't mess around with any of this and be signed into PSN until we see what happens.

Best case scenario is we can have homebrew running directly from external USB (and no I'm not talking about "backups"), so that we can come and go from the exploit without leaving tell-tale traces in our systems.

How else would they know? are they logging our screens? key logging our strokes? Only thing sent to them would be that but if you are playing backups that's another thing.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score

How else would they know? are they logging our screens? key logging our strokes? Only thing sent to them would be that but if you are playing backups that's another thing.

But the "stealth backup manager" IS about playing backups. And that file has to live on your system, and it certainly could be detected any number of ways, theoretically. Bottom line is we don't know anything about what Sony plans to do beyond the firmware cat-and-mouse, but I wouldn't be saying there's any fool-proof way to hide this activity from them either.

darkmaniac7

Reaction score
If you have a TI-84 calculator it can also be used as a Jailbreak device (I read playing backups is disabled can anyone confirm? )PS3JB - PS3 Jailbreak for TI-84 Plus/Silver Edition , theirs also word circulating that you may be able to flash the eeprom on your controller a few people have said it may render the controller useless.....buuuut a controller is cheaper and more available than the stinger,PSJailbreak, or Blackcat. Also the compatibility list wouldn't work for me so here is another link https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tarAC83Wjsq2QZvP4iR5mlw&hl=en&pli=1#gid=0

joeybarclay

Reaction score
i dont understand this part Boot into recovery mode and via adb cd to sdcard and run "flash_image boot boot.img"

darkmaniac7

Reaction score
I think, And i could be wrong since it's late, but boot into the menu where you :Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding down the X key on the physical keyboard and the Power

the ADB Which is Android Debug Bridge, you basically use Command Prompt heres a few beginner guides, you had to use ADB to root your phone right?

Android Debug Bridge - adb - Simple Noob Guide

[GUIDE] ADB, Fastboot, and Nandroid for Noobs - xda-developers

CD as it says in the guides is how to switch directories and then type that string Minues the Quotations.

hope this helps :)

Last edited:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
you had to use ADB to root your phone right?
nope i used rsd light to move to 2.0 then rooted that way, and the second time i rooted was with universal androot