HDMI answer appear no.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
OK since i never got an answer here from the people stating there will be hdmi accesories out for the thunderbolt. I continued to do research on my own.

went to store to look at the usb and it definaltely is not the same type usb out as the incredible and does not support hdmi out through it.

called htc tech support at 866-449-8358

4 times talked to 4 differnt people who all put me on hold and sll stated only the evo has hdmi out.

on 4th called i asked to talk to the highest tech person possible since the spec sheet pdf first accesory listed states hdmi toggle.

He told me that that was a possible addition for dlna to tv's that dont support dlna natively and was mis printed as hdmi.

He stated that he is 100% sure that the thunderbolt does not support and will not suport hdmi as it does not have the hardware to do so. and that the evo was the option if i wanted that .
I told him yeah i want the evo 3d now put it on a network that actually has signal off of major highways. :)

as we talked he also told me that the htc inspire 4g on att is an almost identical device except for the radio. and also does not support hdmi out.

the question here to me is if they are the same device whay is att charging 99 and verizon 249 :)

I have talked to a lot of phone techs for many issues phones and otherwise and at the stores and i felt these guys and 1 gal actually seemed to know what they were talking about.

If someone has some info to show that this is not factual please comment. since i was ready to bite the bullet and get the phone but i really want hdmi.

I believe the htc tech support people on this one as they seemed to not only know what i was talking about but what devices they offerered that did have it.

I did ask the guy at the verizon store also but at least he was honest he said he didnt know anything about it but that there was no port on the phone. glad he told me i couldnt visualize that myself :)

so take this for what its worth but im convinced enough to not buy this phone since hdmi is a feature i want.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Kind of the same gut feeling here. Advertised as HDMI capable (dlna), I could never make it work with my more than capable TV.

Not ready for Prime Time was my overall experience. But a great phone, none the less.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
dlna

Kind of the same gut feeling here. Advertised as HDMI capable (dlna), I could never make it work with my more than capable TV.

Not ready for Prime Time was my overall experience. But a great phone, none the less.

I have read of people using the dlna without problems but the difference is thats jsut files. you cant put a streaming video or game on your phone to the tv. and since they are gonna be big on tethering i want to be able to stream videos off the net to my tv through the phone which is not tethering.

It would be nice if they are wrong , but i have never talked to anyone regarding computer type items and felt they were 100% sure they knew wht they were talking about as these guys.

Snow02

Reaction score
Streaming videos from the net to your tv by way of your phone using dlna isn't possible. You can only stream media actually on the device.

Snow02

Reaction score
Gotcha. Yeah. PlayOn + LTE with hdmi out would be a killer combo.

Reaction score
soon

I have read of people using the dlna without problems but the difference is thats jsut files. you cant put a streaming video or game on your phone to the tv. and since they are gonna be big on tethering i want to be able to stream videos off the net to my tv through the phone which is not tethering.

It would be nice if they are wrong , but i have never talked to anyone regarding computer type items and felt they were 100% sure they knew wht they were talking about as these guys.

It's not out yet, but there will be a dlna to hdmi adapter that will work on tv's with out hdmi. A few guys are working on an app now that will allow dlna to work on 4g as well as wifi. I know I wanted hdmi on my phone but if i am near a tv that has hdmi, i am usually near a wifi connection and with twonky I can stream stuff from my phone to my tv. I can't do live streams like my sling box, but if I am near a tv then it's usually hooked up to a cable box so this isn't a problem. IF you want to stream live tv then your looking at the bionic, and then you going to have to get the real hdmi app.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
dlna

dlna is cool i have it setup and can do things from my computer to tv or ps3 its a good tech. but not a mirror of phone scream. and the bionic isnt determined to be limited to the galery like the droid x is it might but i havent seen that written anywhere. but as i have been researching all of this i am leaning strongly to the galaxy x2 now. i got a thing to early upgrade to thunderbolt thats why i was even looking into it. but my upgrade isnt until august so the bionic will be out and the x2 should be on verizon by that time or announced at least. so will stick to my droid for now. than of course who knows what will pop up by than we havent even heard about yet. but htc missed the boat leaving hdmi off .

greyghost04

Reaction score
OK, we can't plug HDMI in to our computers from TB. We can however plug TB into computer and pick 'show as a hard drive;. Then go to DCIM and you will find any videos you have on TB as .3gp file. You can drag and drop it to a thumb drive or where ever you want. Then it will play on your computer or where ever you want in HD. Yes it requires extra steps, but it does work. I recommend you get 'VLC Player' on your computer to play these files. It is free.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
missing the point

OK, we can't plug HDMI in to our computers from TB. We can however plug TB into computer and pick 'show as a hard drive;. Then go to DCIM and you will find any videos you have on TB as .3gp file. You can drag and drop it to a thumb drive or where ever you want. Then it will play on your computer or where ever you want in HD. Yes it requires extra steps, but it does work. I recommend you get 'VLC Player' on your computer to play these files. It is free.

dlna will do that also. the point here is with mirroring i can use the apk i have called tv shows. it was on the market but think its been pulled but it has alomsot every epsode of seasons from like 1000 + tv shows and some movies. i dont have cable or satelittle. so i want to mirror the phone to the tv and play these shows and watch on the bigger screen. the dlna wirelessly will play mp3's any movie files, show pics on the phone to the tv wirelessly without a problem but will not show streaming video from the phone(through the net) to the tv. you can do this with hdmi but not dlna.

But main reason i posted this is because people are giving out false information(if the htc guys/gals are correct) that a hdmi dock was coming which does not seem to be the case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yikes

dlna will do that also. the point here is with mirroring i can use the apk i have called tv shows. it was on the market but think its been pulled but it has alomsot every epsode of seasons from like 1000 + tv shows and some movies. i dont have cable or satelittle. so i want to mirror the phone to the tv and play these shows and watch on the bigger screen. the dlna wirelessly will play mp3's any movie files, show pics on the phone to the tv wirelessly without a problem but will not show streaming video from the phone(through the net) to the tv. you can do this with hdmi but not dlna.

But main reason i posted this is because people are giving out false information(if the htc guys/gals are correct) that a hdmi dock was coming which does not seem to be the case.

Ah ok I get it all now. Took me awhile to figure out why you are trying to do what you want. If you get the bionic you will be able to mirror the screen with real hdmi app. Your only hang up is unlimted data. People have seen on here and I have read on a few different websites that once verizon gets the iphone 5 they will do away with unlimted data for new plans. I think that phone launches this summer so you have until to lock into an unlimted data plan. Your not going to want to do all that streaming if you have to pay threw the nose for it. Your better off just getting cable. It would be alot cheaper

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
unlimited data

Ah ok I get it all now. Took me awhile to figure out why you are trying to do what you want. If you get the bionic you will be able to mirror the screen with real hdmi app. Your only hang up is unlimted data. People have seen on here and I have read on a few different websites that once verizon gets the iphone 5 they will do away with unlimted data for new plans. I think that phone launches this summer so you have until to lock into an unlimted data plan. Your not going to want to do all that streaming if you have to pay threw the nose for it. Your better off just getting cable. It would be alot cheaper

yeah i am watching that closely. im hoping that the galaxy x2comes out before this happens. I still believe that they will not do this. and if they do it will be more like sprint where the unlimited data costs 10-15 more than 29.99 it is now. sprint will have a much bigger footprint with the money they will rake in if Verizon is stupid about this. Verizon has already lost the best phones to other carriers they will lose their customers also. yes att was a pain but it did overall work for me just that the signal was poor where i live. i am moving where it has better signal. but sprint is on my look out because they seem to be the htc premier phone partner. so well see how all this plays out but if Verizon goes with a new plan that is limited data or overpriced for unlimited i will move on. the bionic is just not looking that great to me at this point reading about the bad screen technology used. a .3 front camera. lower memory than what is standard in the phones coming out about the same time. Verizon better be very careful if they want to continue to take customers due to the better network. people will give up better for much cheaper adequate.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
sprint will have a much bigger footprint with the money they will rake in if Verizon is stupid about this.
sprint? they'll be lucky if they'll still be in business in 5 years and not bought out by att or verizon. they were facing a bankruptcy a year or so ago.

Beardface

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the soon to be released Multimedia Dock from HTC have a HDMI port in the back?

I have read multiple reviews that states it does.

Beardface

Reaction score
sprint will have a much bigger footprint with the money they will rake in if Verizon is stupid about this.
sprint? they'll be lucky if they'll still be in business in 5 years and not bought out by att or verizon. they were facing a bankruptcy a year or so ago.
That will never happen. The government won't allow there to only be Verizon and AT&T as options in the mobile market. Heck, I'll even be surprised if they allow TMobile and AT&T to merge.