DLNA devices

WarJammer

Reaction score
Yes I have a Windows Media Center running with Vista and am using my XBox360 as an extender. It doesn't see the Thunderbolt on the network either.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Perhaps covered buy I have had success sending media from the TB to my Revue Google TV media player. Installed TwonkyServer mobile and connected to my wifi. Twonky mobile can see all my WMC and Playon servers on my desktop and laptop PCs. Revue's media player can see them and my Twonky mobile also. As expected the revue can't do anything with the phone's 3gp files though.

scottt732

Reaction score
It may have to do with your network settings. DLNA is based on UPnP. If you have Windows 7, make sure that you have Network Discovery turned on:
Enable or disable network discovery

Also, try installing XBMC on a computer and see if it detects that.

Remember, you need to be on the same wireless network as the device you are trying to connect to. This won't work over 3G/4G (except possibly w/a VPN connection).

WarJammer

Reaction score
It works!! I installed XBMC on one of my computers, enabled all the uPnP features, and the Thunderbolt is now streaming media directly to that computer AND controlling the playback in real-time (pause, play, change media, etc.). My phone is the remote control! Keep in mind that NOTHING needed to be installed or configured on the Thunderbolt. Just go to the Gallery or "Connected Media", select an item, then Select Player, choose the XBMC, and the video starts playing on the remote device.

Apparently, none of the 5 other devices on my network support this Thunderbolt feature (Logitech Revue w/Google TV, XBox 360, and 3 PCs running Windows Media Player 11 with media sharing turned ON). All of these devices can share their media with each other, but the Thunderbolt cannot play media directly to any of them or control their playback. I wonder why.... ideas, anyone?

swamp

Reaction score
Something funky here for sure. The manual indeed makes it look like no other apps are required. I installed TwonkyServer but it absolutely will not run brings up a failure dialog box every time I launch it. Thus I can browse and play media from my NAS (which is DLNA compliant) but I can't push media to my Bluray player which gets it to the TV. My player is also DLNA. There are a ton of other DLNA app in the App Market but I don't really feel like trying them one by one. Suggestions?

kerrdj

Reaction score
has anyone tried checking/unchecking the DLNA box in the wifi settings? i just found that setting but i havent been able to test it because the connected media app doesnt work with dasbamf1.4

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
It works!! I installed XBMC on one of my computers, enabled all the uPnP features, and the Thunderbolt is now streaming media directly to that computer AND controlling the playback in real-time (pause, play, change media, etc.). My phone is the remote control! Keep in mind that NOTHING needed to be installed or configured on the Thunderbolt. Just go to the Gallery or "Connected Media", select an item, then Select Player, choose the XBMC, and the video starts playing on the remote device.

Apparently, none of the 5 other devices on my network support this Thunderbolt feature (Logitech Revue w/Google TV, XBox 360, and 3 PCs running Windows Media Player 11 with media sharing turned ON). All of these devices can share their media with each other, but the Thunderbolt cannot play media directly to any of them or control their playback. I wonder why.... ideas, anyone?

Hmmm...

I can control my computer (Windows 7, Windows Media Player 12) using the TB.. didnt need to install XMBC or any other third-party software. The TB sends the media to the computer and it plays on the computer speakers. The controls on the TB change the track and everything.

There's a setting SOMEHWHERE in Windows that I had to check to allow other devices to control the computer or something. I have no idea where it was though.

Also.. media player has to be open for it to work. If it's closed, the TB doesnt find the computer.

EDIT: In Windows Media 12, the second menu bar has the options "organize, stream, create playlist" .. Click on stream and there's an option to enable "Allow remote control of my player"

WarJammer

Reaction score
You're right - I hooked up a computer running Windows 7 with Media Player 12 and turned on that feature in the Stream menu, and my Thunderbolt can play & control video directly to that computer without running XBMC. Apparently, Media Player 11 doesn't support the feature.

As for the other person's comment, I don't see a DLNA option in my WiFi settings. Where do you see that option?

Javaknight

Reaction score
Just tried the Windows 7 WMP 12 thing and it works!!! thanks for the heads up!

wmh3

Reaction score
Sony Bravia TV

My Thunderbolt will send pics to my Sony tv which is on my network, but will fail everytime when trying to send videos?? Any suggestions?

DroidStang

Reaction score
I tried this today, yep played songs on the computer controlled by TB, also was able to play videos that are on my phone , played them on screen of computer. Something have not tried yet was if can I view a streaming live broadcast that is using windows media player on my TB?
The cool thing is since I can stay connected 500 feet or more from network I noticed all my itunes songs that are visible and can be played while cutting grass, even shows album covers and more.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bernardino5

Reaction score
Yea just bought a laptop windows media 12 comes installed already in windows 7 just open the windows media player and look 4 stream and select u want other devices to connect, it's under "stream"

"ThuNd3rB0lT"