having problums getting phone to root please help!!! so i can get the beast

[email protected]

Reaction score
ok this is the problem. iv added sprecovery to my phone. so i backup my phone then i take the update.zip file to root my phone and put it on the root of my sd card. i got all that down. then i goto recovery and i wipe data and cashe then when i install the update.zip file it starts seys its found it then it aborts and seys it cant find update.zip. What could be going wrong here. i have 2.1 and have vista on my pc.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
ok this is the problem. iv added sprecovery to my phone. so i backup my phone then i take the update.zip file to root my phone and put it on the root of my sd card. i got all that down. then i goto recovery and i wipe data and cashe then when i install the update.zip file it starts seys its found it then it aborts and seys it cant find update.zip. What could be going wrong here. i have 2.1 and have vista on my pc.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I would redownload the file again to make sure the file you downloaded was not corrupted during the download process. Internet explorer can do this sometimes.
Also make sure when you renamed the file it is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip. If it cannot find the update.zip then it cxould very well be named update.zip.zip or maybe mis-spelled
Make sure you computer is set so you can set file extensions. if you do not see the file extension then rename it to update.zip it will actually be update.zip.zip.
right click on the download and click properties. you should be able to see the full name as long as it shows file extensions.

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
how do i make my computer set so i can set file extensions

open windows explorer and click organize in the menu bar. then folder and search options, view then uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

Then when you see files it should have the file extension on the send. to double check this right click on the file and click properties. Then you should see if the file is update.zip or update.zip.zip. then just rename to update.zip

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Dude you are the man it worked

awesome! thats what I like to hear. There are plenty of people on the forum with great experience and knowledge so if you run into any problems and can't figure it out then first search and see if anyone has had a similar issue. chances are theres an answer already posted and if not then there always someone around willing to lend a helping hand.