Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

JLB09

Reaction score
This issue with pictures ... seems I see options to share but I just want to save it to the gallery - isn't that an option?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everytime I set the phone to a Live Wallpaer it works fine until I reboot or turn the phone off. It then resets back to the normal wallpaper I had prior. I know I'm not the only one; anyone know of a fix or why this is happening? It happens with all live wallpapers.

Also, before the update to 2.1, the apps I would download from the market would be in the app list without rebooting but now I have to turn the phone off the back on or reboot for them to show in the list. Any fixes for this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I don't have either of those problems so I would suggest you do a battery pull for a full 30 seconds. If that fails to solve the issue then go to settings/privacy/factory data reset and go ahead and do one. You won't lose any of your apps and you will just have to sign back into things like gmail/google, facebook/Google Voice. It's great for solving issues like that. But try the battery pull first.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This issue with pictures ... seems I see options to share but I just want to save it to the gallery - isn't that an option?

It always save pictures to the gallery. That happens automatically.

maugwa

Reaction score
I'm using version 5612 and it is working with no issues.

Thanks, I guess I will go find that one.
you can try this

swype beta apk file for those who missed it | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

thanks for this link, this is exactly what I've been searching for. The other versions that are out on the net don't seem to work, tells you that you need to upgrade. I just downloaded this and installed, works like a charm!

mikeinctown

Reaction score
anyone know how do you get the speach to text to work?

Hit the microphone icon on the main screen, or on the keyboard there is a microphone icon.

I have noticed you have to talk pretty loud into the phone and make sure your words are clear or else you get a jumble of nonsense.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone know how do you get the speach to text to work?

Hit the microphone icon on the main screen, or on the keyboard there is a microphone icon.

I have noticed you have to talk pretty loud into the phone and make sure your words are clear or else you get a jumble of nonsense.

Worked pretty good for me. I used it the other day and I said a phrase and just as I finished one of my parrots hollered hello. It got everything I said and the bird saying hello correct. :)

LtJustice

Reaction score
I have an issue after unplugging headphones. It does not revert to speaker. I need to play the next song (using Pandora) to recover. I did not use the headphone jack prior to the 2.1 upgrade, I was aware of problems with unplugging in the prior release, so I did not use it.

This issue existed before 2.1 and apparently was not resolved by 2.1. I believe it's more of a hardware issue then a software one. Just my opinion, I'm not saying it as fact.

I guess it just perspective, because I've always enjoyed this "feature". I use my Droid frequently in my car with an audio cable running to my car stereo system. When I unplug it to get out of the car, I like the fact that it pauses the music (my iPod Touch does the same thing) as i don't want it to continue playing while I put it in it's holster. The stock music player and Pandora both do this, the Grooveshark app does not and i wish it did.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Anyone figure out how to cure the picture issues?

I had the same issue. I took a photo with the camera and it wasn't in the gallery. I looked in the DCIM folder with Astro and the pic was there. When i went to open it Astro asked what program i wanted to use . I selected gallery. After that it showed up in the gallery list.

What a great post. YES I have had this happen several times before I realized that I actually had to save or instantly do something with a picture and also a couple times when what I had wanted to do either email or use Facebook the process failed, I was certain I had lost those few pictures. I had asked awhile back and received no response, so seeing this post is awesome. Finally I have found a few images I thought were lost.

Glad I could be pf service.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
nsw player force close

Prior to the update to 2.1 I never had an issue with unplugging the headphones. After the update when using the stock music player when I unplug the headphones I get a force close message for nsw player even though that is not what I'm using to listen to music. I have even tried using advanced task killer to close the music player before I disconnect the headphones.

I also had the call volume level stay really low once and I was unable to raise it during the call. The caller called back and it was fine so it may have been a connection issue.

I would like to get the headphone "force close" issue to stop. Any ideas out here?

Dolfan

Reaction score

It always save pictures to the gallery. That happens automatically.

Pictures that are sent to you in a txt meassage is where we are having the issues since the upgrade, the save from the txt message is not letting us save it to the gallery or anywhere else, we can forward the pic, but not save it like before the update..

Bob

nooter99

Reaction score
If you ask me, the new gallery sucks. I have some high resolution of my dogs, friends would be amazed when I would zoom up on the pic and you could see individual hairs on her head! Now, at a certain point it just gets blurry and stays that way. Not so impressive anymore. Also, as others have mentioned, it can be a pain to get downloaded pics to show up in the gallery. Why do they do things that actually make the device less impressive? So annoying.

windstrings

Reaction score
If you ask me, the new gallery sucks. I have some high resolution of my dogs, friends would be amazed when I would zoom up on the pic and you could see individual hairs on her head! Now, at a certain point it just gets blurry and stays that way. Not so impressive anymore. Also, as others have mentioned, it can be a pain to get downloaded pics to show up in the gallery. Why do they do things that actually make the device less impressive? So annoying.

One issue I figured out this morning is that if you have the gallery closed or if you have a task manager that auto closes it so that when you actually take a picture "its closed" when you go to view that pic it often won't show up until later "if your lucky".

But when you allow it to run in the background, pictures taken seems to promptly go to the gallery.

Seems the gallery doesn't fetch and refresh when opened but rather depends on being open all the time to stay suitable for real time use.

I noticed that my camera app "X5" would have a delayed reaction when saving pics when the gallery was closed down, but when open that too is faster like its supposed to be.

This is the problem with apps that are included in the firmware updates... if you don't have them at all, people scream, yet if you have them, they don't get updated to remove bugs?...

Why can't we have both?.... apps that are included with the firmware updates should also be able to keep updated too as no app is perfect once its released into the wild and only after the acid test of many users exploiting it will you see its vulnerabilities.

We don't use our phones like they do in the lab.

Last edited:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay, I am sorry if I am being repeditive but I scanned this thread and could not find some answers so here are my questions:

1) I am not rooted and I did the 2.1 OTA. It started out laggy then after a few app updates the performance of the phone seemed to improve. However, over the last week, the performance has gone down the toliet. I have removed most of my apps, I have done batter pulls and finally did a factory reset and yet my Droid does what it wants. It shuts down, its laggy, I get loud static and screaching when trying to place a call, my screen is not responsive and last night my camera started only taking half pictures. And it is not just my phone, yesterday, my husbands started doing the same thing and he has no downloaded apps. He is as stock as they come. Overall since the 2.1 update, my Droid has sucked. I

2) Yesterday, I downloaded K-9 thinking that may help with some of my issues with the stock email app. I got it downloaded and my emails installed. That seems to be working right, however, I noticed it changed my LED light to Magenta. I have looked and looked and cannot find where I can change it back to green. Does anyone know how to do that?

Okay, there are my questions and rambles. Sorry if this has already been covered, just a bit frustrated at this point.

solar

Reaction score
Okay, I am sorry if I am being repeditive but I scanned this thread and could not find some answers so here are my questions:

1) I am not rooted and I did the 2.1 OTA. It started out laggy then after a few app updates the performance of the phone seemed to improve. However, over the last week, the performance has gone down the toliet. I have removed most of my apps, I have done batter pulls and finally did a factory reset and yet my Droid does what it wants. It shuts down, its laggy, I get loud static and screaching when trying to place a call, my screen is not responsive and last night my camera started only taking half pictures. And it is not just my phone, yesterday, my husbands started doing the same thing and he has no downloaded apps. He is as stock as they come. Overall since the 2.1 update, my Droid has sucked. I

2) Yesterday, I downloaded K-9 thinking that may help with some of my issues with the stock email app. I got it downloaded and my emails installed. That seems to be working right, however, I noticed it changed my LED light to Magenta. I have looked and looked and cannot find where I can change it back to green. Does anyone know how to do that?

Okay, there are my questions and rambles. Sorry if this has already been covered, just a bit frustrated at this point.

Well if you've already done a factory reset, and you aren't rooted or overclocked, i'd take it verizon at that point. I'm not sure what else you can do. As for the K-9 mail, it shouldn't change the color of your LED. I have it and it doesn't. I don't believe there is even a setting to do so for K-9. Perhaps its another application thats changing the notification LED color....