Sticking with 2.0.0, but have questions.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have two droids here. One with 2.0.0 firmware and one with 2.0.1. I'll be going with the 2.0.0 one because when I compare both, the 2.0.0 one doesn't have the browser lag the 2.0.1 has. I know it fixed other things, but more then anything I hate the lag. It doesn't lag on all sites, but most I visit. Verizion's site is one example of where its choppy and lags.

Just have three questions.

1. Is there any way to keep the upgrade reminder notice from popping up?
2. Does the 2.1 leaked firmware fix this issue, because if so I will root my phone today.
3. By rooting your phone or/and puting on the leak firmware keep the official firmware from showing the OTA update when it comes out?

I have been searching the forums but havn't found any answers yet. :confused: Thanks.

Also a heads up. Both physical keyboard don't have the same feel to them, even tho they look the same. My first one (the one with 2.0.1 firmware) is much stiffer to type on for some reason. My replacement one ( 2.0.0 ) is much nicer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to any of those questions, but have you tried any of the browsers from the market? Dolphin Browser works great for me, maybe you could give it a shot?

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to any of those questions, but have you tried any of the browsers from the market? Dolphin Browser works great for me, maybe you could give it a shot?

Yes I did, :) but I like the default browser better.

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah i didn't think OTA upgrades were optional. i think you can root the device and prevent OTA from happening. you'll have to do that to stay on 2.0.0.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
yeah i didn't think OTA upgrades were optional. i think you can root the device and prevent OTA from happening. you'll have to do that to stay on 2.0.0.

They're optional in that if you don't want to upgrade, you have to choose to not upgrade each time you turn on your phone...but it will keep pestering you.

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday it kept reminding me every 10 minutes or so. But on just checking my phone right now I just realized I havn't seen one pop up all mourning, so maybe playing in the settings earlier stopped it some how. I know its still on 2.0.0 because of the curved lock screen.

Now if I can get answers on my other questions I'm home free. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

konstructa

Reaction score
Well yesterday it kept reminding me every 10 minutes or so. But on just checking my phone right now I just realized I havn't seen one pop up all mourning, so maybe playing in the settings earlier stopped it some how. I know its still on 2.0.0 because of the curved lock screen.

Now if I can get answers on my other questions I'm home free. :icon_ banana:

Just upgrade the phone! Running 2.0 is a bad idea and opens you up to other problems. (auto focus bug, power issues, etc). Try xScope Web Browser..Its so fu@#ing fast. I deleted dolphin and only use xscope now.. It changed the way I use my phone and if developed right could dominate the mobile browser market.

tomlist704

Reaction score
Attached is an email I received about OS upgrade: It's been a wild ride the past couple of weeks with news of the Nexus One, Android 2.1 and the Droid. We've got some good news and some even better news for the Droid nation out there.

First of all, we've always supported choice in the market... choice promotes innovation, competition and of course competitive pricing, so it's always a good thing for consumers. Google has just made sure that there will be plenty of that with new-edge, high tech cell phones.

The Nexus One has been announced and it currently is available for sale both unlocked and unsubsidized or via contract on T-Mobile. However, more importantly for us it's also available on the Verizon network starting in Spring of 2010.

The Droid of course is a great phone and has great hardware and some features that the Nexus One does not... and that's when we were excited to hear from the Google team that Android 2.1 should be "open sourced" and available for use on handsets that support it (this includes the Droid) within the next couple of days. Expect to see all the goodness of 2.1 on your Droid very soon, including Live Wallpapers and the recently announced Google Earth for Android which will be available from the App store very soon.

We've got a ton of information on the Nexus One at the following resources:

=====
* Nexus One Forum - http://www.nexusoneforum.net

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone else posted that the phone updated anyway even though they kept refusing. It's listed as a mandatory update.

Big Cam

Reaction score
This makes me wonder, will 2.1 eventually be an OTA download as an upgrade, or will it never "officially" come to the droid?

Silver Member
Reaction score
because it's you, it will never be an OTA upgrade. you will be forced to give up your phone and revert back to Moto StarTac

Big Cam

Reaction score
because it's you, it will never be an OTA upgrade. you will be forced to give up your phone and revert back to Moto StarTac
You got something to say to my Moto StarTac?? I didn't think so.

:icon_ devil: Seriously though for us lazy people it'll just be a matter of time right:redface:

Big Cam

Reaction score
Nevermind I found my answer without the sarcasm.

it wasn't as much fun though. :(