Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

Slipstream

Reaction score

I did indeed uninstall it, as well as the odd "com.cooliris..." apk that was sitting in settings\applications. Still FC's on me.
Dang....

I would pull the icon into the trash/battery pull/set it on home screen again and then try it.

If that does not work I think a factory reset may be in store.

Thats really your last resort. Something is causing a conflict and you have uninstalled the known culprit(s) yet it still persists.

If I can think of anything else I'll throw it over the wall to you but it looks like you covered all the bases.

Please let me know if you get the Gallery up and running again

I ended up doing a factory reset, and that seemed to work for awhile. Then, the FCs started again. It's only when I close the gallery, and only when I specifically opened the gallery through a shortcut or launcher (applying wallpaper or icons don't cause it, for some reason). I thought it might be related to one of my launchers, as I was running Home++, Helix Launcher, and Koush's 2.1 ClockWorkModLauncher, so I pulled all three off and went back to stock. Still FCs on exit though. :(

It's strange... I never had FC issues when I was running the hacked version of the 3D launcher on 2.0.1, but now that I have the "official" version it's practically unusable. I'm starting to lean towards 2.0.1 --> Root. :(

EDIT: I just did a battery pull on my stock launcher phone, and now everything seems to be functioning again. I'm guessing it's either a launcher, BetterCut or Apps Organizer that is causing the conflict.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I ended up doing a factory reset, and that seemed to work for awhile. Then, the FCs started again. It's only when I close the gallery, and only when I specifically opened the gallery through a shortcut or launcher (applying wallpaper or icons don't cause it, for some reason). I thought it might be related to one of my launchers, as I was running Home++, Helix Launcher, and Koush's 2.1 ClockWorkModLauncher, so I pulled all three off and went back to stock. Still FCs on exit though. :(

It's strange... I never had FC issues when I was running the hacked version of the 3D launcher on 2.0.1, but now that I have the "official" version it's practically unusable. I'm starting to lean towards 2.0.1 --> Root. :(

EDIT: I just did a battery pull on my stock launcher phone, and now everything seems to be functioning again. I'm guessing it's either a launcher, BetterCut or Apps Organizer that is causing the conflict.
So now put on Helix and run it for a few hours.

I'm running Helix and have zero issues. Runs EXCELLENT. Koush's launcher seems to have some serious lag issues with the gallery so you may want to rethink using it until he can get that resolved. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/36475-review-clockworkmod-launcher.html

So personally I would stick with Helix for the moment if it runs well. Steer clear of Home ++ until they update it. Many users have been having issues running it.

Last edited:

solar

Reaction score

I did indeed uninstall it, as well as the odd "com.cooliris..." apk that was sitting in settings\applications. Still FC's on me.
Dang....

I would pull the icon into the trash/battery pull/set it on home screen again and then try it.

If that does not work I think a factory reset may be in store.

Thats really your last resort. Something is causing a conflict and you have uninstalled the known culprit(s) yet it still persists.

If I can think of anything else I'll throw it over the wall to you but it looks like you covered all the bases.

Please let me know if you get the Gallery up and running again

For whats its worth, I run Apps Manager, with no issues on 2., force update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen many people complain about not being able to hear somebody on the end of a bluetooth call. I found out that you need to turn the volume full blast on either your headset or your device when on a call.

But you can't hear as good as you should be able to. Definitely something wrong there. Best thing to do is make a test call and with your Droid raise the volume to full. You should be able to hear the phone ring and if someone answers of course, them on the line as well.

I'll probably repeat this information a hundred times but that's ok. If it helps a few people at it's worth it.

ccps

Reaction score
2.1 did not fix my call quality issue. My wife complained bitterly about my mumbled voice. Went to Verizon yesterday. Got a factory refurb. Voice issue solved. I have held out since I got the phone in November seeing that many people were having the issue I was. I did not return it back then because I saw that more often that not other users experiences was the same as their original phone. Maybe it was a bad run issue. Maybe I got lucky yesterday. I was determined to go through as many phones as needed until I got one that worked. I got lucky on the first try. Took me three hours to set my phone back up the way I wanted it!!! If you have call quality issues just take it back. Verizon did not hesitate when I told them of the issue. They have heard it time and again according to the tech.

hfd1113

Reaction score
I received 2.1 a week ago while on vacation. After installation, I checked the version in my phone and it said that my OTA was update1. To me this can only mean that the complete OTA upgrade is not complete.

bffhusker

Reaction score
Unstable! Agreed!

Here's my (and my wife's) big complaint about this update.

It's unstable!

we're both running stock droids with few similar apps between us. We are both running the water live wallpaper.

At least once a day, everything on the screen will disappear, and takes several (15-30) seconds for things to start to reappear.
The phone will randomly reboot itself.
Folders will randomly quit working (this was an issue with the previous version) they just wont open.
I will get FC's while on the desktop, although I'm not sure what is FCing at this point. I'm guessing the wallpaper.

My biggest problem is, I really have no idea who to complain to about the issues. I know if I go to verizon they are just going to want to reset to factory, which wont really solve anything because i'll end up reinstalling them mostly due to the daily use.
-----------
Yes, I've found glitches here and there. Lag. FCs. Just all around buggy-ness. Seems to hang up frequently. I'm frustrated but have to live with it, I guess.

Aareen

Reaction score
My signal strength is about same...
will test out call quality tomorrow.

meaker

Reaction score
Mind has been stable and fast. For all those people who are having problems I would do a 30 second battery pull, then maybe a fastory reset if needed..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I received 2.1 a week ago while on vacation. After installation, I checked the version in my phone and it said that my OTA was update1. To me this can only mean that the complete OTA upgrade is not complete.

No my friend, that is the complete update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mind has been stable and fast. For all those people who are having problems I would do a 30 second battery pull, then maybe a fastory reset if needed..

Yes, it's not a bad idea. Also if you are running live wall paper you will notice a difference on performance depending upon what live wall paper you are using.

screbel70

Reaction score
Did a factory reset phone runs smoother,signed in to google and it redownloaded everything including all apps i had:),Android rules

MrTommy

Reaction score
Gulp...

I almost feel guilty (except that others report the same as I do) that my phone has been working flawlessly since the upgrade. However, my phone is also pure stock. I've only downloaded maybe five apps. Nothing major. Flip clock, file manager, WiFi sniffer, paid version of Gem Miner, and that's about it. Probably if I had more time to spend looking at apps I'd have more, but I just don't have the time. Drat!

I'd love to try the "rooting" my phone - just to be cool, but I've got even less time for reading instructions and docs - :icon_evil:.

So, phone is fine. No noted problems or slow-downs. Maybe my phone (and me) are just wooses...

TuBitMittens

Reaction score

So, it isn't just the manual updates then..lol thanks for letting me know I was scratching my head on this one for awhile...
I know it might be hard to say but I read somewhere that you can't get any more regular ota updates if u updated manually. I really hope this isn't true since it would be nice to actually try and get the updates normally in the future. I dont wanna have to rely on doing the "harder" procedure all the time, id still like to get updates normally.
Also can anybody here confirm if the MANUAL update REALLY DOES OR DOESN'T VOID YOUR WARRANTY????????? Cuz I'm reading different answers from different sources...

TuBitMittens

Reaction score

When people suggest to do a factory resey are you suppose to check the options to back up your settings? Yes I know that is a dumb question and my phone hasn't been bad enough to sacrifice that, but I'm wondering if its supposed to make more of a difference if u erase all added content completely? I did a factory reset but I chose to back up my content and I rcovered everything else through astro.