Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

The only real issue I have is that occasionally when I recieve emails, the notification "chime" seems to get stuck on, and just rings and rings and rings and rings until I finally pull the battery. This has happened maybe 4 times since I did the update.

Other than that, I have had no issues with the new update running smoothly, draining battery, or anything else.

I've had no issues since forcing 2.1 on over a week ago.

Battery life has slightly improved (even with running live wallpapers) and it feels snappier in most respects.

Signal and WiFi strength have not changed at all that I can tell which is something I wanted to see improved.

Here's my (and my wife's) big complaint about this update.

It's unstable!

we're both running stock droids with few similar apps between us. We are both running the water live wallpaper.

At least once a day, everything on the screen will disappear, and takes several (15-30) seconds for things to start to reappear.
The phone will randomly reboot itself.
Folders will randomly quit working (this was an issue with the previous version) they just wont open.
I will get FC's while on the desktop, although I'm not sure what is FCing at this point. I'm guessing the wallpaper.

My biggest problem is, I really have no idea who to complain to about the issues. I know if I go to verizon they are just going to want to reset to factory, which wont really solve anything because i'll end up reinstalling them mostly due to the daily use.

Have you tried to do a battery pull? Do it for a full 30 seconds. If that doesn't help then do a factory reset from the privacy settings.

It is a very stable OS, I've had a couple of issues myself but once I fixed them it's worked fine.

What exactly does a factory reset do to the phone? Does it basically just blow away all apps and widgets that you've downloaded? What about contacts, and other settings?

What exactly does a factory reset do to the phone? Does it basically just blow away all apps and widgets that you've downloaded? What about contacts, and other settings?

The keyword is reset... It resets pretty much everything. If you don't mind setting everything up again, it's really not a painful process. If you do mind, it's horrid.

Think of it has reloading the OS on your PC... with a backup of your pics, music and a few other things kept on another partition.

The keyword is reset... It resets pretty much everything. If you don't mind setting everything up again, it's really not a painful process. If you do mind, it's horrid.

Think of it has reloading the OS on your PC... with a backup of your pics, music and a few other things kept on another partition.

Yeah. That's what I figured. It wouldn't be so bad, but it seems when you backup your apps (say with astro) then restore them later they no longer auto update from the market because they were not installed from the market at that point.

I may try the battery thing and hope for the best. If it gets to be too bad, I'll have to suck it up and restore.

Yeah. That's what I figured. It wouldn't be so bad, but it seems when you backup your apps (say with astro) then restore them later they no longer auto update from the market because they were not installed from the market at that point.

I may try the battery thing and hope for the best. If it gets to be too bad, I'll have to suck it up and restore.

Sorry to "threadjack." Hope this is allowed.

Do yourself a favor and download the appbrain app. Then register with appbrain.com and synchronize your current apps with your appbrain account. After the factory reset, go to appbrain.com and "reinstall" the apps. It actually takes you to the Market to do so.

You'll have a complete set of your apps (except those downloaded from other sources) and you won't run into the "no update" problem.

I use MyBackupPro to backup all settings and apps. Some apps like my NoteEverything app work with MyBackupPro. Other apps, Like Do It, I have to do a back from within the program. When I use it for reinstalling apps, it just goes from one app to the other installing all in a row. Makes it easier for me.

Sometimes there is no other way to fix an unstable OS whethet its Android or Windows XP. You might just have to bite the bullet and do a factory reset. Its better then living with issues.

Weird problem.

With 2.0.1, I could go to the "Gallery", and press soft-key "Menu", and it would give me options for the gallery itself, thumbnail size, etc.

NOW, with 2.1, if in Gallery, I press menu, it just keeps trying to highlight or select a certain folder, I can't for the life of me find actual "options" for the 2.1 Gallery.

Anybody???

I've had no problems with the update so far and love the speach to text feature. I run live wallpaper and have no lag.

I've had no problems with the update so far and love the speach to text feature. I run live wallpaper and have no lag.

I tend to believe this is the experience of the vast majority. I did have a couple of issues myself but battery pull took care of it.

Weird problem.

With 2.0.1, I could go to the "Gallery", and press soft-key "Menu", and it would give me options for the gallery itself, thumbnail size, etc.

NOW, with 2.1, if in Gallery, I press menu, it just keeps trying to highlight or select a certain folder, I can't for the life of me find actual "options" for the 2.1 Gallery.

Anybody???

what kind of options are you looking for? To do what? The upper right "switch" is the only thing that I know of that changes the layout (from flat to sorted by date).

Ran into duplicate widgets and pulled the battery and that seemed to solve that.

Now, when I click on the Gallery icon, it says that the "application is not installed on your phone."

The older version allowed me to click into my gallery and now it doesn't.

Any help?

--Michael

Ran into duplicate widgets and pulled the battery and that seemed to solve that.

Now, when I click on the Gallery icon, it says that the "application is not installed on your phone."

The older version allowed me to click into my gallery and now it doesn't.

Any help?

--Michael

Yep. Delete the gallery icon. Another battery pull for at least 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Oh, ugh
Force closes on everything. Camera, gallery, browser, but worst of all...phone. I wish they had some sort of logging so developers could figure out what crashed.

Never had all these force closes before the update.

Back