Sound Quality on Phone Calls ...

Tracyap

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm now on my third Droid. I'm now on my third Droid with major sound quality issues during phone calls ... echoing, muffled, distant. My friends and family have about had it. I can't see ever giving up my Droid, but at the same time phone call quality seems like a basic to me, and I'm longing for the call clarity of my Curve.

Does anyone know whether or not the 2.1 update will fix this problem? I have tried the fixes (reprogramming, hitting the speaker button, etc ...). Nothing seems to help. And I'm concerned that if I turn in my phone for a fourth Droid, I'm just exchanging it with someone who has the same problem. Anyone know what's up? Thanks for the help.
Amy

mjs31

Reaction score
May do a search on this. Someone else had issues and someone had a fix out there that worked for them. Personally, my sound quality is amazing. Everyone says I am crystal clear whether talking through the phone or my vehicles bluetooth.

confused

Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine, purchased just 3 weeks ago. Store said something wrong with speaker and had to call main Verizon number to get a replacement. We'll see in a few days. They won't let me exchange it for a Curve or other phone (I didn't buy it at a main store with 30 day guaranty- my store only had 15 days. Also, husband has a curve with Verizon and he always gets more bars & bar stability in each location than my Droid. go figure...

xylene303

Reaction score
sorry to hear about that. my speakerphone is tight, and clear. earpiece is solid as well.