Ready to return this phone, call quality sucks...

calpilot7

Reaction score
Droid has had AWESOME phone quality with the exception of GV for calling. If I had to swap out phones 4 times for various errors or problems then I would probably figure out the phone was not for me and move on.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats wierd. after reading here for a couple weeks before i got the droid i was expecting a poor quality on phone calls but figured if i could hear what they were saying and they could hear me that would be cool with all the other features of the phone. But the phone quality on both ends is fantastic i think it sounds better than my home land line phone did. and have none of the lag with anything anyone is talking about. either my expectations are low or i got a super phone :) . as for internet speed and phone coverage remember i am coming from at&t. :)

^^+++
Same here, switched from AT&T and Verizon's network seems better in just about EVERY measure. And the voice quality on my Droid is near perfect (though if the volume is high it can sound like the other person is in a hallway/box). I'm completely satisfied so far.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I read above that this is a forum to troublshoot, so I want any of the female droid owners having a problem with this phone in bed, im am willing to come troubleshoot that for you :)

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Call quality on my Droid is by far the best I have ever expereinced. I am coming from an AT&T phone, so, I appreciate the good call quality, as well as the lack of dropped calls as well. My Droid works in my house, top floor to basement. My AT&T phone would not work in the basement, or in the back yard.

I don't get any crackles, or other noises. My browser works fine.

In fact, I was quite surprised by the quality of the device right out of the box.

fastpat

Reaction score
Well, I have a problem. I took advantage of the buy one Droid and get the second Droid for free deal with Verizon. The two phones arrived as scheduled last Tuesday, the 2nd of March.

I set up my Droid right away, I'm learning how to use it fine, call quality is good most of the time, though I've had two people tell me that my voice quality isn't so good, others I've talked to within an hour or so say it's fine.

Moving on to Droid number two, the one I bought for my wife who didn't really want to switch phones, but was willing to go along. I set this one up myself, just like the first one, a little problem with the set up over the phone, rectified by a "real person" tech support I suppose who had to override the stoppage, don't know what that was about.

However, the signal quality is not just bad, it's unintelligible. It's as if the internal antenna has a cold solder joint or was simply left out. That can't be the case though, signal strength is from 2 to 4 bars, so it's something else.

I'm taking this brand new phone into the local Verizon store for exchange, I just think it's a bad unit.

fastpat

Reaction score
The problem with the audio was resolved with Verizon replacing the phone with another new unit.

Apparently, there was a non-reparable issue with the phone, when the tech guy finally listened to it, he immediately said to replace.

boomergtp

Reaction score
As far as call quality I've noticed a better call clarity with the 2.1 ERE53 roms on both ends of the conversation that's just my two cents. But this won't help ya much if you don't root your phone. But if you wanted to try to there's some nice how-to-guides. Worth a shot if you really like the phone.

Kack

Reaction score
I changed my evrc from evrc to evrc-b. dial ##program screen comes up enter 6 zero's <000000> click #4 vocode and select evrc-b hit apply and it will reboot phone.

dak70

Reaction score
Love the phone hate the STATIC

Seems like the only advice for call quality issues is program for EVRC-B.
I love the phone but there is unbearable static during phone calls. It is very prominent when the other party is quiet. It almost seems that any background noise on the other end is being amplified.
I know we've been over this but does anyone have any fixes that might work. (Aside from the EVRC-B fix or alternative ROM)
Was hoping 2.1 might fix but who the hell knows when that will be out. I'll jump right on an N1 or Incredible at this point but I've had the Droid for 21 days and it feels like VZW is delaying the new phones to personally screw me. :mad:
Any help is appreciated.