anyones call quality suck??

RAINMAN

Reaction score
i have a ticket started with verizon for an annoying feedback sound on just about every call. not a high pitch squealing, but it sounds like something in the background is booting up. very annoying. and even when its not there the quality of calls is not that great for such a pricey phone. my bb curve was 100 times better with call quality. i paid $369. for this phone and am disappointed in call quality, it might be going on ebay

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not with my Droid. A number of factors can affect call quality though. Are you experiencing this regardless of location?

Zippster

Reaction score
Alot of my calls seem to have a "muffled" sound to them and I have tried all the tweaks / settings etc, maybe my old Samsung SCH was just that much clearer that I'm overly picky? :blink:

OP
R

RAINMAN

Reaction score
Not with my Droid. A number of factors can affect call quality though. Are you experiencing this regardless of location?
happens anywhere
Alot of my calls seem to have a "muffled" sound to them and I have tried all the tweaks / settings etc, maybe my old Samsung SCH was just that much clearer that I'm overly picky? :blink:
so youre like me. a $50. phone has better call quality than a $400. phone. this is UNACCEPTABLE

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried a replacement phone? Without doing something as simple as that, and threatening Ebay....thats ludicrous, unless you are just trolling.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
my call quality is great.

however, i did notice that when i'm at a friends house really about 5 minutes from where i live, my perfect 3g coverage drops to 1x. There also happens to be a Verizon store about 3 blocks from him so I don't understand what's going on....

OP
R

RAINMAN

Reaction score
Have you tried a replacement phone? Without doing something as simple as that, and threatening Ebay....thats ludicrous, unless you are just trolling.
waiting to hear back from verizon. im not trolling. i just think that as verizons top of the line phone. call quality should be better. i mean seriously my old lg flip has better call quality

Shad0w325

Reaction score
Did you try going into the ##PROGRAM menu and changing your voice quality? I did it and it made the quality significantly clearer.

Dial ##7764762
Enter SPC password: 000000
Select 04 Vocode
Change it to EVRC-B
Hit Apply

You phone should reboot, but it might not. Reboot it just in case. :)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That only affects outgoing call quality, not incoming.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine has the best sound since my old Nokia 6620. It's way better than my BlackBerry or my Palm 750. You may just need a replacement.

Just a thought, these phones do have a noise canceling mic (I don't really know where it is). Do you have a cover/case that is blocking that mic and producing some muffled/feedback type of issues?

OP
R

RAINMAN

Reaction score
Mine has the best sound since my old Nokia 6620. It's way better than my BlackBerry or my Palm 750. You may just need a replacement.

Just a thought, these phones do have a noise canceling mic (I don't really know where it is). Do you have a cover/case that is blocking that mic and producing some muffled/feedback type of issues?
not using a cover or case.

OP
R

RAINMAN

Reaction score
i had an eris for a week, but the battery was horrible on that thing, but call quality was superb

firstdue

Reaction score
I've had my Motorola Droid for almost two weeks and the call quality sucks. The party I call can hear me fine but I get continual static on my end. Also the callers voice sounds muffled to the point i have to ask the caller to repeat what they are saying frequently. I love the phone, with all of its other abilities, but if it can't make a simple phone call. I'm gonna wait a few days and see if this next update changes this problem, if not then the phone is going back.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had my Motorola Droid for almost two weeks and the call quality sucks. The party I call can hear me fine but I get continual static on my end. Also the callers voice sounds muffled to the point i have to ask the caller to repeat what they are saying frequently. I love the phone, with all of its other abilities, but if it can't make a simple phone call. I'm gonna wait a few days and see if this next update changes this problem, if not then the phone is going back.

If I were you, I'd call Verizon and start the complaint process. Yours and the op's phone both sound like warranty issues. I mean too many people, me included, think this is an excellent "call quality" phone.

mantis5

Reaction score
The only times I've felt the quality to be bad was when I was talking to someone who wasn't getting good reception at their location. Other than that, it's been very good, and better than my last Nokia, the 6300b, which I considered good.