Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I'm trying to manually update my phone to 2.1 because I still haven't received the OTA. I turn my phone off and turn it back on holding down the X button. But when it loads it just shows the Moto logo and keeps rebooting. Any ideas?

Make sure your pressing down hard enough. Start when its still off and hold it.

jslifka0027

Reaction score
I'm trying to manually update my phone to 2.1 because I still haven't received the OTA. I turn my phone off and turn it back on holding down the X button. But when it loads it just shows the Moto logo and keeps rebooting. Any ideas?

I tried that and still doesnt work...it just shows the white moto logo and restarts. Idk what to do and moto hasn't been any help to me. I received an OTA update 2 weeks ago but it never installed. So I'm wondering if that is the main issue, something with the boot loader...

Batfan.com

Reaction score

I tried that and still doesnt work...it just shows the white moto logo and restarts. Idk what to do and moto hasn't been any help to me. I received an OTA update 2 weeks ago but it never installed. So I'm wondering if that is the main issue, something with the boot loader...

So, your phone is stuck in a bootloop? showing the droid and red-eye over and over? If so, how long has it been like that?

Mine got stuck in a bootloop after I manually updated to 2.1 (using the official update file) but, I could access the boot menu. So I just did a factory reset.

Yeah, if you cant access the boot menu, that may be an issue. Might wanna take it to your Verizon store and have them check it out.

jslifka0027

Reaction score

So, your phone is stuck in a bootloop? showing the droid and red-eye over and over? If so, how long has it been like that?

Mine got stuck in a bootloop after I manually updated to 2.1 (using the official update file) but, I could access the boot menu. So I just did a factory reset.

Yeah, if you cant access the boot menu, that may be an issue. Might wanna take it to your Verizon store and have them check it out.
No its not stuck in a loop, once i stop pressing X, it boots normally, but according to the instructions i should see a triangle with an exclamation symbol. Thats not coming up. If i were to do a factory reset, how does that work with purchased apps? because if its not a huge problem i might give that a try.

Batfan.com

Reaction score

No its not stuck in a loop, once i stop pressing X, it boots normally, but according to the instructions i should see a triangle with an exclamation symbol. Thats not coming up. If i were to do a factory reset, how does that work with purchased apps? because if its not a huge problem i might give that a try.

Ah okay. Yeah, that is very odd. I ended up doing a factory reset from the bootmenu.

Purchased apps are stored in your Google Marketplace account. They should repopulate automatically.

Oddly enough, after the failed install and factory reset, my phone had 2.1 all of a sudden.

jslifka0027

Reaction score

Ah okay. Yeah, that is very odd. I ended up doing a factory reset from the bootmenu.

Purchased apps are stored in your Google Marketplace account. They should repopulate automatically.

Oddly enough, after the failed install and factory reset, my phone had 2.1 all of a sudden.
ok well i tried doing the factory reset twice and both times it loaded with all my apps and content still on the device....

Batfan.com

Reaction score

ok well i tried doing the factory reset twice and both times it loaded with all my apps and content still on the device....

Okay, define content? Obviously when doing a factory reset, you will retain the data stored on your SD card.

Have you tried going to Settings > About Phone to see what version your running? Or even checking 'System Updates'?

jslifka0027

Reaction score

Okay, define content? Obviously when doing a factory reset, you will retain the data stored on your SD card.

Have you tried going to Settings > About Phone to see what version your running? Or even checking 'System Updates'?
Oh believe me I've done the check updates thing everyday and still nothing and yes I am still running 2.0.1. As far as content....should all my apps be gone and my gmail be synced as soon as the phone reboots after selecting factory restore from the settings menu?

warrior21

Reaction score

Have you tried going to Settings > Ab
Oh believe me I've done the check updates thing everyday and still nothing and yes I am still running 2.0.1. As far as content....should all my apps be gone and my gmail be synced as soon as the phone reboots after selecting factory restore from the settings menu?
The phone should be just like it was out of the box. You should have to enter your gmail address again

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jslifka0027

Reaction score

Have you tried going to Settings > Ab
The phone should be just like it was out of the box. You should have to enter your gmail address again

Well if thats the case, there is definitally something wrong with this phone. If I cant update or do a factory reset, there has to be something wrong right?

Batfan.com

Reaction score

Well if thats the case, there is definitally something wrong with this phone. If I cant update or do a factory reset, there has to be something wrong right?

Yeah, I think so. I had to re-enter all the info on my phone when I did my factory reset. Including going online and re-activating my phone @ VZW.

warrior21

Reaction score

I would say so. Take it to verizon and let them try to reset it or replace it

jslifka0027

Reaction score

Yeah, I think so. I had to re-enter all the info on my phone when I did my factory reset. Including going online and re-activating my phone @ VZW.
Well i guess I'll head to Verizon and see if they'll do anything for me. The weird thing is I was there last week and the girl took my phone to the back and said she did a factory reset. Judging by this I don't think she did. I was unaware of what was all involved in it.

warrior21

Reaction score
Sounds like she had no idea what she was doing. Hopefully you get someone better this time

Wraith

Reaction score
This is the closest thread I could find related to what I experienced today, so posting here.

I had my USB plugged in, so phone was charging, and went to battery status page on phone. It showed me everything I needed to know, then I got called away for a minute. I left it on that screen. When I came back, the red light was on, the battery status was 1 red bar. Unplugging the phone from the usb did not fix it, so I poweroff/on and it is OK.

Not sure if this is the place to report something like that. Or if anyone else has seen this.

Also, in general, since 2.1 update, with live background running, I notice the screen widgets take sometimes 20 seconds to build back up....no biggie...just a slow response sometimes. Seen this with different live backgrounds.